Birth control

I'm looking into different birth controls for after I have the baby but there's so many different kinds I'm kind of having some problems figuring out what's right for me. I've heard some will make it hard for you to get pregnant again if you decided you want to ( which I want it to be possible to have another child and not difficult) I've heard some will cause weight gain which I don't paticularly want... and some cause mood issues such as depression or anxiety.. which I def. don't need any more of hehe.. I've also heard about some where you only have like 4 periods a year which would be cool... but is that healthy? Some how that just doesn't seem like it would be good for your body to trick it like that I guess haha well anyways so now here's the question... what ones did you ladies seem to like the best or think would be a good option for me?

little_jenn

Asked by little_jenn at 10:52 PM on Jan. 12, 2009 in Health

• i have a mirena IUD. i love it. its good for 5 years, no weight gain, no mood swings, no periods. but im sure its different for everyone
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 10:55 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• have you considered mirena iud?
    sahm2shaina

Answer by sahm2shaina at 10:56 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• i like the depo shot, u dont get ur period at all but maybe a little brown discharge once a month but not alot, and it is healthy.... and it really isnt that hard to lose weight on but if u do take it u cant eat alot of iron for about the first month or u while have really bad cramps
    Anonymous

• I've done the gambet of BC....hated Norplant....got pregnant on Depo....I have now started a low dose of BC pills which has done the trick after the first few months. Finally got over the nausea, feeling like I was prego stuff. You should have a serious convo with your doctor to find out the best for you. I hear the Nuvoring (spelling totally screwed up) is pretty cool.
    TylersMom323

Answer by TylersMom323 at 11:01 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• there are down sides to everything my aunt had a iud and sometime during the year she had a hidden infections that they didnt know about that really turned her insides to like soup well she was never able to have kids, i have a cousin that has 3 kids and she got one and she said it is the most wonderful thing in the world. i have been on the pill before it was good just hard to remeber. have friends on dopo 3 out of 4 gained weight but do what u feel is right for you there are chances you know really on anything me and my hubby take our chances it has worked for us for 3 years good luck in what ever u decide.
    Wyattsmom205

Answer by Wyattsmom205 at 11:05 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• Nuvaring thing was recalled where i live along with the bc patch.
    Wyattsmom205

Answer by Wyattsmom205 at 11:06 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• I am on the NuvaRing and I love it. I have tried the patch (gave me a rash) the Depo Shot (I was always paranoid I was pregnant due to no period) 3 different types of pills (can't remember to take them - hence my 8 month old!!)

The ring you put in, leave it for 3 weeks, take it out, have your period, and put another one in a week later. I love it!! Totally works for me. I don't feel it, and either does my SO.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 11:13 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• I have the Mirena IUD and love it. I have actually had a little weight loss (much needed), no mood swings. I used to feel tired all the time when I was on the pill but since I got the Mirena I have felt like a new woman. My sex drive also sky rocketed after I got the Mirena ;)
    KlousMomi

Answer by KlousMomi at 8:52 AM on Jan. 13, 2009