i am getting sick of it!!

ok so my grandparents found out through my mom that we have to look for another home in a few months (landlord is losing the home) well they called to check up on us and talk to us. my grandparents have done a lot for me growning up and they treat my dh as their own. even buying him xtmas gifts when they arent well off. so my dh gets butt hurt when my grandma suggestd a town we should move to. and he yells at me!! and saying my mom shouldnt tell them stuff and its like wtf? his family tells everyone everything. anyhow my grandparents are older. to me if they try to give advice you listen say thanks and let it go! he takes it so personal though!!
what should i do or say? he gets mad over a little thing my family says and they are not doing it to be mean. help!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:01 PM on Jan. 12, 2009 in Relationships

• I would tell him exactly what you said. They are older adults who are entitled to their opinion and are only trying to help. Tell him he will probably end up like that one of these days and make others annoyed with his own remarks...lol. Sometimes you just have to give him his space as well though. Even though it is not his fault that you are having to move, he probably feels responsible because he is the provider for the family (man of the house) and may feel like a failure. Just let him know that you and your family love him and are only trying to help and be supportive (nothing personal). Hopefully he will understand and decide to let it go.
    gwood

Answer by gwood at 11:07 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• this isnt te first time he does it either and i was minding my own business and he yells at me!
    Anonymous

• His pride is just hurt. He feels embarrassed than he has not provided for you and the family. Men's ego's are very fragile and this is just hard for him to deal with. I wouldn't bring it up anymore and let him heal from it. Of course your grandparents are only trying to help, but you have to see his point of view on this one. Try not to take it personal. He is just hurting and lashing out. His manhood took a hit with them learning this info.
    hopelessnance

Answer by hopelessnance at 11:39 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• My bf is the same way, but he's finally stopped since we had a talk. His family is terrible about drama. I don't think you're overreacting at all and even I read this to him and he agrees that you arn't
    calliesmommy08

Answer by calliesmommy08 at 11:54 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• He obviously has an issue with your family for a reason- have you asked him why?
    Ever since my DH's mom turned into an alcoholic and got verbally abusive towards me and used me as her verbal punching bag for everything wrong in her life (I stopped listening to her problems between her and my FIL, and I wasn't a "good enough friend" to her) even the MENTION of his parents drives me up the wall and is enough to sour my entire mood..
    It doesn't matter how many gifts his parents give my kids, or have given myself, it's not enough to make up for what they've done to me. I want an APOLOGY!!!!! Money doesn't buy love..
    Sure your DH hasn't dealt with a similar experience? Perhaps somewhere along the line he was treated poorly, or he feels like you put their advice above making decisions together.
    Liyoness

Answer by Liyoness at 1:17 AM on Jan. 13, 2009