What is a good first study Bible?

I'm on something of a faith journey right now and want to get a better understanding of The Bible. Am looking for recommendations on a good first study Bible?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:02 PM on Jan. 12, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:33 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• THe Life Application Bible. It breaks it down to practical principles you can apply today in your life and walk with Christ.
    Sis.Jackson

Answer by Sis.Jackson at 11:05 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• I use the Quest Study Bible. It is a NIV edition so it's easier for me to understand. It also has these little commonly asked questions along the sides of the pages with Biblical answers. It's been my favorite Bible so far. You can get them at Border's bookstores or online at Walmart.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 11:07 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• The Oxford Study Bible. Also Understanding the Bible by Stephen L. Harris. It is a text book and a little hard to read. But it does a great job of breaking down each book and relating it to the Bible as a whole, the time it was written, who wrote it, etc.
    jcsscfam5

Answer by jcsscfam5 at 11:07 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• You also might want to try the Women's Devotional Bibles. I have 3 versions,and each has new devotionals from various Christian women. They are all so good,and are done daily,along with my Bible study. I got my first one right after I was saved,and it really did help me understand the Bible more,and gave me new perspective on various verses.
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 7:59 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• I love the Joyce Meyer study Bible, she explains things so well and gives such insight into the Bible. And the Recovery Bible that is used for recovering addicts, it also explains scriptures so they are easily understood.
    Pattyeb12

Answer by Pattyeb12 at 10:09 AM on Jan. 13, 2009