what age should toddler get her own bed?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:05 PM on Jan. 12, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• At 1 my son got his own toddler bed. He's always stayed in bed and in his room until morning.
    coutterhill

Answer by coutterhill at 12:06 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• well my 2 year old we just got him a tot bed cant stand it is now sleeping with us which last night we moved the tot bed into our room after crying for 2 hrs 10 min he feel fast asleep. he didnt like the change to much with the next one if they aint climbing out of a crib they going to stay in it.
    Wyattsmom205

Answer by Wyattsmom205 at 11:09 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• Depends on the kids. Bryce was in a toddler bed by 11 months. Noah, just over a year. Abbie is 16 months and she is still in a crib.
    anetrnlov

Answer by anetrnlov at 11:09 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• dont rush it they grow up to fast
    Wyattsmom205

Answer by Wyattsmom205 at 11:10 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• My one year old has her own bed. She got it for her birthday. She is still in the bed with us. I think it depends on the kid.
    luvmygirls910

Answer by luvmygirls910 at 11:17 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• Not sure what you are asking in your post. Do you mean out of your bed into her own or do you mean out of a crib into a bed. Personally I am not and never have been a fan of Co-sleeping but thats me. I did a crib in our room for each of my kids. With my oldest she was in our room until about 3 months old she started sleeping throught night @ 1 mo. My middle was in our room until 7 mo. but she didn't sleep through the night until she was 2. My youngest slept in a crib in our room until 7 mo. But then slept in the Living room on the floor with one of us on the couch (Long Story)
    My oldest switched from crib to toddler at 17 mo. My middle @ 18mo. And my youngest at 13 mo. Hes a climber.
    mosarmywife

Answer by mosarmywife at 11:18 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• Yep, depends on the kid. There is no set age.
    Evaluate your child.
    Will she stay put in a bed to sleep? There will be no reason to not get up and play except your say so. Will that be enough? If not, naps will go bye-bye and bedtime will be a running battle for a while. How long? I don't know - every kid is different.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 11:22 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• My daughter is 21 months old and has only slept in our bed comfortably when she was sick . She's pretty independent and has climbed out of her crib 1 time and it scared the crap out of me and her. We lowered the mattress since but I am starting to think maybe it's time fpr a bed. Ohh ladies thanks for your help. Maybe her 2nd birthday I'll make the change .
    Lizard1970

Answer by Lizard1970 at 11:39 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• My 20 mo is still in his crib. He will be until he starts climbing out. His crib is also the toddler bed w/ rail so once we change it, there's no going back.
    tylersmommy0508

Answer by tylersmommy0508 at 12:45 PM on Jan. 13, 2009