Obama closing Guantanamo Bay?!?

Obama will immediately close the prison and bring terrorist suspects to the US mainland and wants to create a new legal system for them. The detainees who have been 'cleared' are denied by their countries - nobody wants them. Knowing this, so far, what do you think of his foreign policy?

thundernlight

Asked by thundernlight at 11:16 PM on Jan. 12, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• It's going to be AWFUL. I think Obama lends himself to the the theory that  "milk and cookies and a pretty please" will get the mass murdering terrorists to tell us what the next plan is.

Anonymous

• oh and by all means let the people who think are laws are the work of a version of satan be allowed to use those same laws to get away with murder. VERY good idea!
    Anonymous

• I don't think he has yet had a comprehension of the true evil that exists. I've noticed that the more information he has, he tends to change his mind.
    I hope that he doesn't have to witness it first hand, tho, because that would really suck
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:25 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• CHANGE is beginning.
    1. Cutting jobs - closing operations of the Dept. of Defense at GITMO
    2. Undermining everything our fore-fathers have fought for
    3. Freeing terrorists or people who have conspired with terrorists AND changing OUR laws to help them! wow.
    4. Going against all most Democratic advisors to listen to his VERY left LIBERAL analysts.

Way to go Obama! wait, wasn't there a post about crossing the border? I changed my mind - maybe I will. Mexico doesn't sound that bad!!!
    Anonymous

• By all means, Anon., go!
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 11:31 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• Thanks Duster - enjoy your new neighbors: Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, Ramzi Binalshibh, Mustafa Ahmad al-Hawsawi, Ali Abd al-Aziz Ali and Walid Bin Attash. Maybe you can sit and have a cup of coffee with them and inquire more about their plots.
    Anonymous

• I'm sure they will be located to various prisons as they await their trials. I don't think they will be given visas and allowed to work in the country. Of course, being locked up for 7 years and not being allowed to see the evidence the US government has against them, not being entitled to a trial has probably f--- their lives up. How do we even know they are ALL terrorists? Some of them were guilty by association. Not advocating this because my husband and I were both stationed in Gitmo when this all started. I'm just saying that we are not the Nazis and we have no rights to hold people indefinitely without due process. I know this is deep thinking for some of you, but think outside the happy boxes you are in.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:05 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• Anon 12:05: "not being entitled to a trial has probably f--- their lives up" sorry, but if you are in GITMO, you're life was probably a little messed up in the first place. Bush has tried and done "due process" - many have been freed, some have been given the green light to leave, but can't return to their countries for the sake of their own lives. This is not an overnight decision that Obama should be making just to prove a point that he can make a change! very hasty...

thundernlight

Answer by thundernlight at 12:18 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• i know, obama is probably a very good man but im not sure he knows what hes getting himself into
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 12:24 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• Where are they going? No one wants them. There own countries don't want them. Europe doesn't want them. Might as well stay where they are.
    Scorpio359

Answer by Scorpio359 at 12:41 AM on Jan. 13, 2009