strech marks burning!!!!????

so i was taking a shower it was as hot as normal if not a little colder
and when i turn my tummy to the water my strech marks started to burn really bad
so i turned back around and washed my hair then i started to wash my body
and again my strech marks started to burn
so i washed off my body soap and got out
they are still burning and its been about 20 min
is this normal or should i call my doc
im 34 wks

19bubbles91

Asked by 19bubbles91 at 11:17 PM on Jan. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• its normal...your skin has been stretched...no way to avoid them, no matter what anyone tells you. You either have skin that stretches well, or you don't. Anyway, put something calming on them daily..Palmers is good, I used good old Vaseline sometimes!
    dhoppe

Answer by dhoppe at 11:22 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• I have never had that happen before, but it seems that maybe the thinner skin is getting irritated by the soap that you are using. Are they new stretchmarks? If they are then I think it might be your skin being sensitive. I would still go see a Dr though. Let him know whats going on and maybe they can give you something for it. I hope this helps! Good Luck!

KrystleShaw2007

Answer by KrystleShaw2007 at 11:24 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• I wouldn't run to the doc. . . put some hydro cortisone on them and keep them moisturized. Check it out at your next visit.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:32 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• It sucks!! My boobs hurt also..Im now an F cup(ouch!) and my nipples fellin strange 2..TMI..It was not like this with my 1st :( keeeeep drinking lots of water and slather lotion..lots and lots
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 11:35 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• lots of lotion i feel your pain
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 11:46 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• You might want to try a soap without Sodium Laureth Sulfate, the lathering ingredient found in soaps and shampoos... I know my husband's skin used to be really irritated, especially after shaving.

As far as your stretchmarks go, they are hereditary, and there is no way to avoid them. However, you may be able to help the elasticity of your skin by applying a good healing lotion... Eucerin Intensive Repair Lotion has been my personal choice, a good recommendation made by a 5'4, 130lbs woman I know that gave birth to two 9 pounders and escaped without a mark! This can be found at your local walmart! It's a little more expensive, $10 for the pump bottle, but well worth it! I would do everything possible to avoid oils and vaseline as they can block moisture from your already dry and irritated stretching skin. You want your skin to absorb as much moisture as possible to remain pliable.
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 1:10 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• Oh, and the boobs! I SOOOO hear you there! I went from a 34C to a 34G (FF or DDDDD, depending on where you buy your bras) and it sucks! I know! i keep hearing to keep them held up really well and protect your nipples from as much stimulation as possible!

wait until the pressure from the shower makes your nipples sting...
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 1:13 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• Do you scratch your stretch marks b/c they itch? Maybe you scratched them raw...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:44 AM on Jan. 14, 2009