Am i over reacting?

Ok so my mom asked me and dd to spend the night with her and i told her yes well when hubby went to work i told him i was goin to take dd and stay just next door with my mom and he told me i wasnt allowed cause he said he cant trust me this isnt the only thing thats happened i have no friends cause he dont like any of them when they are really good ppl i'm so fed up i think he and i should sperate for a while to see if we really should be together am i over reacting

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:25 PM on Jan. 12, 2009 in Relationships

• hopelessnance is right. It's the sign of a controlling abuser. Won't ALLOW? I don't think so. You have a dad and don't need him giving you permission to go see your own mother. Your thoughts of separation are sound ones. Just be careful. If he doesn't want you visiting your own mother and having friends I doubt if he is going to take you leaving him well. Please be safe.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:44 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• Yea you need to do something about that relationship. Can we say complete control freak???
    anetrnlov

Answer by anetrnlov at 11:27 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• Although you may not like this answer but it sounds like he has some issues. You cannot let ANYONE control your life!!!!! And if he is this controlling because you were spending the night next door at your MOM's you never know what may happen down the road. Never let a man think he can control you............. you are your own person!!!
    MyMayBaby_Chloe

Answer by MyMayBaby_Chloe at 11:29 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• gggguuuurrrrllll!!!!!!!!! This sounds possesive to me. Get a hold of that b4 it turns physical.PLEASE!!!
    No your not overreacting. Get some friends and hang out with those friends sometimes. There is nothing wrong with that. If he can't accept it then he needs to GO!!! GO FAR AWAY!!!
    Anonymous

• No you are not overreacting. I don't know why you need to spend the night at your mom's house. But it sounds like he is trying to isolate you from your family and friends, which is a clear sign of controlling abuse.
    hopelessnance

Answer by hopelessnance at 11:32 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• definitely not
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 11:34 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• trust is one of the big issues of relationship and love. I'm having the same problem with my guy but I can have friends. But he is a control freak and if you don't like how he treat you then move on with your life without him.
    Jad30

Answer by Jad30 at 11:37 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• I agree I would leave his ass or at least separate to see how much he really wants you. There's plenty of fish in the sea.
    calliesmommy08

Answer by calliesmommy08 at 11:41 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• You are not over reacting. My dh would never tell me I'm not 'allowed' to do something. He is your husband, not your parent! That's definately too controlling, imo. I would seperate. Think about your dd, is that how you would want her to be treated when she gets older? She shouldn't be in an environment like that. Good luck with whatever you decide.
    mom2XandZ

Answer by mom2XandZ at 11:41 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• Thanks ladies hubby and i are goin to have a long talk when he gets off work tomarrow
    Anonymous