Can you do the insanity workout while breastfeeding?

I am desperate to lose weight and would love something to do at home. I have heard this has excellent results. I am breastfeeding and eat way more calories than I am suppose to because I am hungry all the time.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:04 PM on Jan. 2, 2012 in Diet & Fitness

• As long as you have the ok from ob you should be able to do anything you feel comfortable doing. Just get a good sports bra.
    Anonymous

• ...Also.. When I was BF, protiens ( fish, steak, chicken, eggs) kept me satisfied much longer.
    Anonymous

• When you change you activity level you might notice a change in your supply just make sure that increase your water intake and you should be able to do this workout while breastfeeding.
    amandajoy21

Answer by amandajoy21 at 4:11 PM on Jan. 2, 2012

• Yep. Stay hydrated.

"Too much" exercise would be doing two Iron Man Triathlons back to back.

Answer by gdiamante at 4:20 PM on Jan. 2, 2012

• Yep. Just like the PP said, you've just got to stay hydrated. And I agree with the other PP who said protein really helps. I'm hungry all the time too...carbs are convenient for constant snacking, but they take their toll on your body. I am much more satisfied after half a meat sandwich or beef jerky than I am after crackers or something like that that I could eat all day.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 5:46 PM on Jan. 2, 2012

• Yes.. you can definitely do Insanity while BFing... you will have to consume enough calories to offset that calorie burn...let's put it this way- in the 25 minute Fit Test today ( my second round of the program)I burned almost 200 cals. I am 5'1" and 119 lbs and that is a great calorie burn for someone my weight for that short of a workout. Staying hydrated, getting enough macronutrients and micronutrients will be essential since you are BFing.
    mcginnisc

Answer by mcginnisc at 8:46 PM on Jan. 2, 2012