Starting Day Care

Any advice on starting Day Care amidst separation and stranger anxiety? My DD is nine months and very attached to mama, but I have to start going back to class full time now. I really love the Day Care I found. She will be one of four in her room and I have a family member on staff who can hope over and check on her whenever need be. I really feel good about this place, but not about her. My fear is that she is going to drive these poor ladies up the wall, and disrupt nap time for the whole lot. The only person I can leave her with for any amount of time without her melting is my mother, who also has to work. Anyway, my point is I could use some advice, funny stories, anything that might help me help her transition as easy as possible.

Cris1128

Asked by Cris1128 at 11:27 PM on Jan. 12, 2009 in General Parenting

• Believe me, the women who teach daycare have seen it all. They will be able to get the best out of her and she will love playing with the other kids. My son never slept in his own bed at home, but he did at daycare. I have such good experiences with daycare.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 1:52 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• Try to do short "visits" with her if possible. Bring her for a couple hours and stay there with her. Than try to ease off slowly, take her and drop her off for an hour and pick her up keep extending the time and she should get used to it easier. Once a child understands that Mommy goes away but ALWAYS comes back the better.
    happyathomemum

Answer by happyathomemum at 11:47 AM on Jan. 13, 2009