My 2 and a half year old can be agressive. How should it be handled?

My toddler sometimes kicks or throws toys. what do I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:29 PM on Jan. 12, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My daughter is the same age and does this sometimes as well. I have started to ignore her when she does this and it seems to be working. She gets aggrevated and doesnt know how to express it so she does what she knows she can do and this is kick things, throw things, and bite herself. Try ignoring what your toddler is doing when they start throwing a fit, once they arent getting attention from it then they will more than likely stop doing it.
    MyMayBaby_Chloe

Answer by MyMayBaby_Chloe at 11:32 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• oh my goodness, do we have the same kid?! seriously I posted on this earlier in the preschool section because he's nearly 3. (it's closed now but anyway lol) I feel your pain mommy, mine does the above as well as bites and kicks :(
    Anonymous

• LOL, I just think that when my daughter gets this irritated its because she doesnt know how to express herself. She has an amazing vocabulary but knowing why she is feeling angry may not be a concept she knows yet.....kwim. I have told her a million times to stop biting herself, etc.........never worked. So I finally said..."Go ahead and bite yourself, because your only hurting yourself" and 'i must say she has pretty much stopped biting herself!
    MyMayBaby_Chloe

Answer by MyMayBaby_Chloe at 11:35 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• pick her up, carry her to her room, and close the door. be very calm as you do this. temper tantrums are about power. you get upset you lose power. good luck.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 1:13 AM on Jan. 13, 2009