Would you become a surrogate mother?

There are so many couples or people out there that want to be parents and would be great parents. Would you give them a chance?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:10 PM on Jul. 17, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I told my sister (who can't go off of seizure meds for a 9 month prenancy)the my uterus is her uterus. She has declined for now, but I would still do it for her. I don't think anyone else though.
    HadassasMommy

Answer by HadassasMommy at 3:14 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• I don't know that I could. Maybe for my sister, but I doubt I could for a stranger.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 3:18 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• i personally would only do it for my sisters and maybe two of my firends who are like my sisters if they really needed it but as far as other people i dont think i could i would get too emotionally attached and it would just be way hard for me.
    GraciesMom52407

Answer by GraciesMom52407 at 3:19 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• I could not do it. And the reason is because I don't know what kind of people they are. The child could end up being abused or dead. I don't trust people anymore. I would do it in a heartbeat for my sister. And she's the only person on Earth. (Plus, I absolutely hated being pregnant...just love the baby part...LOL).
    Anonymous

• I think I could do it for a close friend or family member, if I knew the baby would be going to a good loving home, but I don't think I could for a stranger. It would still be hard though!! I had difficult pregnancies so I'm not sure I'd be able to go through that again.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 3:24 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• I would do it for my sister and no one else
    Gotoyourmoms

Answer by Gotoyourmoms at 3:27 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• I don't think I could give up a child I carried. Even if the egg and sperm did't belong to me and dh. I maight think I could in the beginning, but I would be afraid I would change my mind and hurt the "mom" even more.
    Anonymous

• Wow, what an amazing person you are to consider this. My hat is off to you. I don't know that I could. Although I may be weird I tend to disagree with the rest of the ladies. If I had to, I would want it to be someone I did not know and would not likely see again. That way I could grieve and be done with it rather than haveing to see the baby I carried on a regular basis. Now if my sister asked, of course I would consider it. I just think strangers would be easier.
    hannahjoy17

Answer by hannahjoy17 at 7:35 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• I was asked a couple of years ago by a very close friend (before I had my daughter) and I told her at the time I would if she and her husband could not get pregnant within the a certain time period. Now after having my daughter and loving being pregnant and loving being a mommy and being with my wonderful boyfriend...I don't think that I could. When I asked my boyfriend about it he said absolutely not...that he didn't want to watch me be pregnant knowing that it wasn't ours (our daughter is not his biologically). My friend has a 7 year old but wants despritly to have another her first pregnancy was horrible but she so wants another, I feel bad but I know that I can't do it for her now. I think that the women who do are just wonderful though. It has got to be so hard to hand the baby over!!
    Froggy_one

Answer by Froggy_one at 3:08 AM on Jul. 18, 2008

• i couldn't do it but i offered her my uterus so she coudl do it.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 2:38 AM on Jul. 19, 2008