Best breast pump?????

What is the best breast pump that doesn't cost an arm and a leg?????????

shanzing23

Asked by shanzing23 at 11:41 PM on Jan. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• When I told the hospital I planned to breastfeed, they gave me an AWESOME manual breast pump! Ask your hospital if they provide you with a pump or offer rentals, even, on the nicer ones.
    littlemrsmarcel

Answer by littlemrsmarcel at 11:42 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• I'd get a rental from the hospital . Make sure you get the right cup size for your breast ... depends on nipple size. Let the lactation nurse help you find the perfect one otherwise the wrong one will be uncomfortable.
    Lizard1970

Answer by Lizard1970 at 11:47 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• I think I had the medela . I had to plug the machine in . Pretty simple really once I got the perfect cup for my breasts
    Lizard1970

Answer by Lizard1970 at 11:49 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• Medela Breast Pumps are the best... most hospitals use this brand.... but they are very expensive and the second best are Playtex Breast Pumps which are alittle cheaper...... I agree with littlemrsmarcel to rent one... but most of the time it cost the same to buy one as it does to rent it for a few months.... i started to rent one but then i decided to buy one because after 3 months i would have spend the same amount of money either way
    Anonymous

• Medela for sure
    sheilatanman

Answer by sheilatanman at 12:40 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• I loved my Medela pump in style! The hospital gave me a manual to start off, what a chore! The electric pump is the way to go. Try to buy one second hand, then all you have to buy is the plastic piece for the breast (which is sold at many baby stores).
    tori_bigfoot

Answer by tori_bigfoot at 1:18 PM on Jan. 14, 2009