Is it rasict to think this way?

I know my view, really want to know yours. Why is it blacks can have all negro colleges, scholarships, TV station , (BET) magazines, etc, etc, but if a white tried to pull ANY of that it's discrimination? Black History month? Don't even try to tell me every month is white history month.....bull sh*t. History is history. And it's all because of what WE did to slaves? I didn't do it. My DH actually asked a black woman innocently if she enjoyed her 4th of July weekend last year. Her reply? "That's a white holiday." Ummmm, It's an American holiday, isn't it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:51 PM on Jan. 12, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• agree with you but i can tell you now from what i have seen on this site this is nothing but a big fight that will break out things arent right how some folks look at some colors but then preach that color doesnt matter it is bull and i agree that its wrong and no i dotn believe that it is a rasict way to think its an honest opinion and honeslty no matter what some folks say its shared by many ...
    Anonymous

• Yes, it is racist. But don't you dare say so, or then YOU become racist! Us white folk aren't supposed to be proud of our heritage. When we are, we're racists.

PS... I have a feeling this post will be deleted by the powers that be!
    Anonymous

• Well actually there is more than just black history month, there is asian- pacific heritage month, hispanic heritage month, jewish- american month, I mean if you would have looked more into it there is more than what you came up with and believe it or not what you call negro colleges are actually historic colleges in america and if I'm not mistaken they are very diverse culturally.
    KLAZZYREDD

Answer by KLAZZYREDD at 12:00 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• OK Klazzy, you touched down on the colleges and heritage month. Does that mean it's ok for me to start a magazine called "Ivory?" What about WET (White entertainment television?) I see it coming now.......CMT, right? NOPE!!! Black country singers.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:04 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• There are special things for people of all cultures. I actually think it is a step in the right direction for people to be able to have things that are designed for their culture. Just because we are a melting pot doesn't mean we should lose sight of our individuality or heritage.

It would be hard to include "white" people, as white is not really culture. We come from all over the freakin world. But you can have PA dutch magazines and no one gets too upset.

I think the only racist thing in your question is the lady's response to your husband. Which really has nothing to do with the rest of it.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:08 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• What about WET (White entertainment television?) I see it coming now.......CMT, right? NOPE!!! Black country singers.

It's not like they don't allow white entertainment on BET. . .
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:11 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• Who cares? If you want to start a white magazine or anything with the focus being on whit america do it. It is a free country and you have every right to attempt such a task. But the real question is how far will you really go with it? probably not very far. I guarantee if you went door to door to get donations on attempting something that stupid, they would laugh you right back to your house.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:11 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• They don't "allow" white entertainment on BET. What you see, my friends, are whites forgetting who they are and acting black.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:13 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• That bugs me. are they acting "black" or just enjoy african american culture. That's about as bad calling an african american that happens to grow up around white an oreo. Just because they have adopted white culture does not make them an "oreo" how stupid.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:15 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• Is it ok to have black only awards ceremony? I mean i get that it was not cool that it took so long for a black artist to win an emmy, no matter how talented they were, but is it ok to have black only awards? I mean, i was an unspoken for them no to give out an emmy to a black artist and it was bogus, but for them to have a completely black only awards ceremony and not allow others to participate is wrong.
    And black is a color just as white, you do not hear african-american awards, in fact many get offended by that title. And there are like 30 some countries in Africa.........Just as there are So many countries that are "white". Where does it stop. It all is too much.
    boy_or_girl

Answer by boy_or_girl at 12:15 AM on Jan. 13, 2009