constipated....kinda a gross question...

i was so happy thinking i was one of the women that were not going to get constipated.. well i just did :( and it sucked i cried. But my question is, if while im constipated and i push hard, could i get a hemmoroid sp?... i feel like if i push at all im going to get one and i get really scared!!.. sorry if this was gross.. but im really wondering :(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:13 PM on Jul. 17, 2008 in Pregnancy

• You could get one from that, but I don't think normal bowel "pushing" would. I never got any hemmorhoids until I gave birth to my second child.
    MomOfTwo1978

Answer by MomOfTwo1978 at 3:15 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• You could get that or worse. You could cause a fisure. A tear in your rectum. You don't want that. Try drinking lots of fluids and if you have to, ask your Dr what you can safely use medication wise (in case your pregnant). Don't worry about rss questions, we are all moms here right..!
    HadassasMommy

Answer by HadassasMommy at 3:18 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• Use stool softeners. I had an episitomy because my baby had to be delivered by forceps, and it hurt really bad for me to push. So just use over the counter stool softeners and you won't have to worry about a thing. =]
    DementedPsyche

Answer by DementedPsyche at 3:20 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• just make sure you try to go and drink lots of fluid...i got constipated so bad once and I didn't have a bowel movements for MONTHS...which led to a rectal fissure that got so bad I ended up in the ER at 4AM with some rude dr's finger up my butt...haha...anyway, not to scare you, but you should really try whatever you can to get it out! you don't want to end up like me...use the softeners that you have to insert into your rectum...they work the best (for me) and walk, exercise, whatever...movement helps get the bowels moving
    Elizabeth1015

Answer by Elizabeth1015 at 3:25 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• I was very constipated throughout my pregnancy and ended up with hemorrhoids. They're no fun! Don't strain. Use a stool softener. Sometimes I find that a warm bath helps.
    Anonymous

• A stool softener not a laxative. My high risk doc recommends Peri-colace. but any form of colace even store brand works just as well. And of course shove the hose down your throat and drink water. ( Can you believe he actually said that??) Warped sense of humor until it comes to delivery. LOL Seriously tho' Colace.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 5:23 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• I had the same thing when I was pregnant. My doc gave me colace(stool softener), and metamucil(which tastes awful). Apparently they make metamucil tablets, so that you don't have to drink the stuff.

MommytoNakoa

Answer by MommytoNakoa at 7:03 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• I would suggest a bowel detox for that its really good!
    GarlicMom

Answer by GarlicMom at 7:03 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• Try adding apple juice into your diet, it won't help immediatly but once you do it for a couple of days you will notice a difference. And definitly chug the liquids, the more liquids you drink the softer your poop will be! Be careful about pushing too hard, you could definitly end up with hemroids. Avoid banana's, oatmeal, rice, and antying super starchy because it is just going to make it worse. SOrry hon...no fun!
    hannahjoy17

Answer by hannahjoy17 at 7:32 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• I think maybe you could get hemmerhoids from pushing too hard. If you do, push them back in. And you could buy ex-lax.
    Anonymous