bleeding red blood from my c section

i had my daughter on dec 5th i started bleeding red heavier blood on the 1st of jan.. it stoped up till yesterday & now im bleeding bright red blood & it even heavier i went to an ob & they said that some woman do bleed red blood after this long but everything ive always read was that your not suppose to.. so its been kinda freaking me out??
is it normal

redivy

Asked by redivy at 12:18 AM on Jan. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• well your post postpartum bleeding could have stopped and now it's your period. that's a possibility.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 12:22 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• If this is blood from your vagina... then yes, it's normal. I think I bled worse & longer from my Csections than I did from my vaginal delivery. But, I don't think it should be getting worse --- that would of concern to me.

If you're bleeding from your incision, though --- no, something's not right there.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 12:22 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• yea thats why it dose concern me the ob keeps telling me its normal . im breastfeeding so its not my period i dun what to do i didnt bleed much at all & it was pretty much tapered off completely than on the 1 it turned to blood & has been off & on scene than yesterday it was bright red
    redivy

Answer by redivy at 12:25 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• breastfeeding doesn't entirely eliminate the possibility of a period. you could very well have your period right now. i only had vaginal deliveries but got my period at the 6-8 week mark with both of them and neither were 'typical' periods. wait and see if it goes away in about a week if it does then I think you have your answer. congrats on the new baby!
    AudreyJ

Answer by AudreyJ at 12:32 AM on Jan. 13, 2009