my breast milks drying up help!!!

what helps it come in ive been breast feeding for about a month & ahalf

redivy

Asked by redivy at 12:21 AM on Jan. 13, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Nursing, nursing, & more nursing. Pumping, pumping, & more pumping. Fenugreek.
    Nurse til baby quits. Immediately after nursing pump (dual electric pump) until you're dry + at least 5 min. If your baby sleeps through a feeding or is on a longer schedule (more than 3 hrs), pump between feedings, too. Do this AROUND THE CLOCK.... set an alarm ifyou have to.

Fenugreek: 3 pills, 3 times/day. Works wonders. WIthin a couple of weeks, I was giving full feedings fromthe nursing, had 4-6 4oz bottles in the fridge, and was starting to have to freeze it just so it would keep.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 12:26 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• Also you have to stay healthy and keep hydrated. While nursing you should still eat just slightly more the normal. Keep the fluids in you, drink alot of water. If you are dehydrated your body is going to be producing enough milk. And of course what the first mothers posted.
    jroseh68

Answer by jroseh68 at 12:29 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• What makes you think your milk is drying up?
    Liyoness

Answer by Liyoness at 1:01 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• What makes you think you're drying up? Only ONE indication of low supply...you're not changing 6-8 dipes a day. NOTHING ELSE MATTERS.

If you have more details, drop by the Breastfeeding Moms group for more help.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:54 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• Fenugreek is awesome to increase milk supply! You take 3 capsules 3x a day. You can get it at GNC and its not that expensive. Also Reglan helps. Its prescription. I was online trying to find ways to increase milk supply and was shocked to see reglan helped since I was given it for m/s. So, I took 1 reglan 3x a day with the fenugreek. My milk was drying up fast. My son had latch issues so I had to pump, but I was so exhausted I started using formula because I was just too tired to pump. I felt terrible when I finally got a decent breast pump (I rented one just like they had in the hospital) I was only getting 1/2oz-1oz of milk per breast. In no time I was pumping 6-9oz of milk per breast in like 15 minutes! Just make sure when you feed your breasts are getting emptied. They need to be emptied often. Good luck!
    BabyDylansMomma

Answer by BabyDylansMomma at 2:56 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• Organic mothers milk tea a couple times a day
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:05 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• It's doubtful that you are drying up. This is something that doesn't usually just happen out of nowhere. What's more likely is that your supply has regulated, and many women think that means they have dried up. When your milk regulates, you usually are not that engorged, and can lose that full feeling. You might stop leaking or not leak as much. This is all because you now have the correct amount of milk for your baby, instead of way too much. Just continue to nurse on demand, and as long as you see 4-5 wet diapers each day, your baby is getting enough and your supply is fine.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 7:47 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• cont...

If you are suddenly noticing that your baby has increased the amount of nursing, out of nowhere, and never seems satisfied, wants to nurse more often, these things also do NOT spell out a low supply. These signs point to a growth spurt. The soloution is also to continue to nurse, on demand, and as long as you see 4-6 wet diapers each day, your baby is getting enough/bringing your supply up a tiny bit, and your supply is fine/your supply is being adjusted by your baby, which means you need to do nothing but relax.
    Krysta622