Did you develop a rash over your C-section incision?

ok, I know this sounds eewww but I was curious to know if anyone else had a similar experience. About a week after my c-section, I developed a MAJOR itchy rash (hives) all over my incision & vaginal area. It was to say the least, a HORRIBLE experience! I kept the area clean & didn't put any strange soaps or lotions on it so I was thinking it was a reaction to the tape that was used on the incision. My OB prescribed a very strong ointment & Benedryl but he still didn't know the cause. It went away w/in 6 days. I'm 100% fine now, but did you experience anything similar?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:24 AM on Jan. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I have to keep baby powder on my incision. I've had 3 sections & am unable to exercise... so instead of the "pouch" most women talk about -- I have the "hang". It's almost like I had a gastric bypass. If I don't keep it clean & dry, I get an infection. (can NOT wait for my tummy tuck!! LOL)

Not sure what shape your tummy is in... but if it's pretty bad like mine & recurs... that might be the problem.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 12:30 AM on Jan. 13, 2009