how do I stop?

I was in a very long relationship at a young age from age 15 to age 21 I am now 24 ..in that bad relationship I was told how to dress how to talk how to were no make up how to live my life? being youn blind stupid and nieve!!!. I finally figured out I dont need that in my life so I have picked up a bad habit! SMOKING! i dont know what is wrong I want to quite! and need to and should just hard? why?...shouldn't be?..well , if any one has any advice let me know! I need support on this and I think that will motivate me to stop!.

malakyesbabyboo

Asked by malakyesbabyboo at 3:17 PM on Jul. 17, 2008 in Health

• I'm a smoker. Don't quit. Just don't smoke around your kids.
    Anonymous

• Pretty much the only thing you can do is just quit, cold turkey! Set a date in advance to quit and stick to it. You can do it! There are a lot of websites that offer help as well. Google quit smoking help.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 3:20 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• I quit cold turkey. It was the hardest thing I have ever done...and I have gone through some pretty rough things. I quit over a year ago and I still think about smoking! I found it easiest to avoid smoking friends for the first week. The first 2 weeks were the hardest. I spent a lot of time inside. I would always tell myself that I would smoke tomorrow. Then tomorrow I would say tomorrow. That probably will not work for everyone..I just kept trying to put it off. Find friends or family to tell that might support you if you really want to quit.
    TeaAndrews

Answer by TeaAndrews at 3:25 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• i'm having a really hard time trying to quit and was thinking about trying hypnotherapy.Maybe that would be an option for you.
    Anonymous

• I use to be a smoker for a couple of years. I quit and picked up a new habit...sunflower seeds.
    Jennyv143

Answer by Jennyv143 at 4:20 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• I would suggest a tobacco detox.
    GarlicMom

Answer by GarlicMom at 7:01 PM on Jul. 17, 2008