Where can I donate my like new stuffed animals?

I have multiple bags of stuffed animals my kids hardly ever touched. I would like to donate them to somewhere like a children's hospital but I know because stuffed animals are hard to "sanitize" they probably wouldn't accept them. Does anyone know a worthy cause where they would get into the hands of kids who aren't as fortunate as my spoiled ones? I don't just want to drop them off at the salvation army for re-sale.

alohamom2boyz

Asked by alohamom2boyz at 12:43 AM on Jan. 13, 2009 in Hobbies & Crafts

• Have you tried Freecycle? There may be one in your area depending on where you live! www.freecycle.org

Good Luck!
    angieluv

Answer by angieluv at 12:44 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• Have never heard of that but I will check it out. Thanks for the tip!
    alohamom2boyz

Answer by alohamom2boyz at 1:08 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• Your welcome!! Hope it works for you!!
    angieluv

Answer by angieluv at 1:22 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• We used to donate to a local homeless shelter (before we moved away). Your local YMCA might be able to direct you.
    mamapotter

Answer by mamapotter at 1:37 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• Or maybe a church? I just cleaned out my kids toy boxes and donated a bunch of toys to our churchs nursery!
    angieluv

Answer by angieluv at 1:56 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• Look your local domestic violence shelter. I donate to ours often. Many kids end up there and usually have to leave everything behind when they do. A nice stuffed animal could help a child out there looking for something to snuggle in a new strange place.

Answer by gemgem at 8:01 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• I have donated things like this to nursing homes,The elderly are like children,they love stuffed toys.The homes plays games,and they give them prizes.The Womens shelter is also a great place,like the other mom said.It is really caring ,and giving of you to want to bless the less fortunate.God Bless you.
    Val504

Answer by Val504 at 2:52 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• either a women and children's shelter or a fire station.
    MaMaLaLa369

Answer by MaMaLaLa369 at 3:17 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• actually hopsitals will take them. you have to call before you take them up there and they will make sure they are clean and sanitized before they pass them out to the kids.
    aidensmommy18_2

Answer by aidensmommy18_2 at 10:15 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• I have donated ours to the local fire department & police station. We have also taken them to the local Children's Hospital. The fire department & police station were very happy to get them. I guess they use them on certain calls when there are kids involved.
    socal1972

Answer by socal1972 at 11:56 PM on Jan. 13, 2009