Breaking Out

My 3 year old breaks out sometimes, mostly on her face and legs. I thought maybe it was the soap or detergent we used so I switched those. I took her to the Dr and all he said was "Oh she just has sensitive skin..." and didnt even look at her! And he said soap and detergent dont cause stuff like that to happen. I've noticed her face gets blotchy when se gets upset and if she scratches it or her legs she gets whelps (like what a cat scratch looks like kinda). Has anyone else had this happen or know what this could be? I dont think it just "senstive skin".

misspriss_1987

Asked by misspriss_1987 at 12:47 AM on Jan. 13, 2009 in Health

• i wouldnt ask a regular doctor, i would ask a dermatologist. there are MANY different types of acne. it may be that. but it can swell and they all look different. but a dermatologist will help more because that is what they specialize in.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:49 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• I agree with the first answer. I was going to say that it could be salvia causing the irritation on the face but if it happens other places well it cant be that lol. Def contact a dermatologist
    jroseh68

Answer by jroseh68 at 12:57 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• There are many things that can cause the type of rash you have described, including delayed-onset food allergies, contact dermatitis,stress and dry skin (eczema) or any combination thereof. Your best bet is to see a pediatric allergist and go from there. Keep a record of what she's been eating for at least 3 days prior to the visit (especially helpful if the rash happens to have gotten worse for the appt.) and don't change your detergents, soaps, air fresheners, cleaning products, etc. in the meantime. My son gets similar rashes & his are caused by a combo of food intolerances & eczema.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 8:32 AM on Jan. 13, 2009