I don't know how to plant my tree lol!

I got my wall-e tree today. (promo thru target with purchase of wall-e dvd, offer expired now.) It's a little blue spruce or something, and I don't know what to do with it? It says it can be planted outside in spring, but winter plant indoors. I'm in Kansas so it's going to be cold for a while yet, so what the heck do I do lol? Just grab a bucket to plant in and transfer it outside when it warms up? Does it need special care or are they pretty hardy? Need protected in any way? Thanks, I have never planted a tree before, searched online but I'm still kinda lost, and want to hear from real people what to do, not random websites :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:02 AM on Jan. 13, 2009 in Home & Garden

• Ok I can try here: get a bigger container than what it's in now, but not too big.Maybe 3-6 inches rounder, and plant it in there.Water it every few days unless it looks dry, trees from the pine family are pretty water hardy in the ground so not sure on in a bucket.Pack the dirt around the roots but don't smash the roots, just snug.Feed it following directions on the food container(just ask at lowes or someplace) and try to keep it indoors, like the garage.It would be great if you could let it get sun thru a window but that may be ok to let slide.Don't let it get too cold, you can wrap it in cloth and plastic overnite in cold cold temps.Good luck and hope I helped.You could prolly ask a florist maybe they could help?
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 1:29 AM on Jan. 13, 2009