what medicines are safe to take during pregnancy?

I am 23 weeks preggo and i hurt my shoulder, i have been in pain and tonight i took 1 extra strength tylonol. do you think that is safe?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:03 AM on Jan. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Tylenol and benedryl and tums... Tylenol PM ON OCCASION, at least thats what my midwife told me
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 1:05 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• what is the point in asking if you already took it?
    you need to ask your doctor BEFORE you take medicine REGARDLESS of what medicine it is.
    not after the fact.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:05 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• I was told Tylenol, PLAIN Sudafed, PLAIN Robitussin (not DM or CF), and tums were safe. However, it's been 5 years since I've had a baby, so I'm sure that's all changed by now!
    Mishelly728

Answer by Mishelly728 at 1:28 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• This is my second pregnancy and i have been given a safe medication list from the health dept. both times. Here is a link with that list. http://women.webmd.com/pregnancy-taking-medicine
    boy_or_girl

Answer by boy_or_girl at 1:46 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• i was told extra strength Tylenol and i was told to take those tums smoothie for calcium supplement
    sweetpamom29

Answer by sweetpamom29 at 6:44 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• I think things are done diff in America..I'm in Canada and we're told NOTHING but Tylenol and Tums is ok too..within reason! BUT my doc told me nothing else at all.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:25 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• Ask your OB first, they should have a list for you.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:00 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• My daughters only take Tylenol and Tums. Their doctors tell them it is not safe to take anything else, unless absolutely necessary, and then he gives them something, nothing over the counter.
    Pattyeb12

Answer by Pattyeb12 at 8:04 AM on Jan. 13, 2009