Your beliefs

Why do you believe what you do? Let's try to do this without bashing, ladies. You don't have to agree with them, because unless they steal your dog for sacrifice or throw a Bible at your head, they are not hurting you :) I am interested in a brief description of your religion if you want, anon is always ok but please be nice. Please share, did you come to your beliefs on your own, is it your childhood religion, did you scout around and come back, whatever you want to share. I don't mind if somebody asks a sincere question regarding a different faith, but once again let's be strong enough in our faith and beliefs to hear a different point of view without feeling threatened.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:16 AM on Jan. 13, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• You know I have been coming back to this thread on and off all day and tho it has gone off track from the OP, I see only one person "sis. Jackson" who was trying to convince others that their way of believing is the only way and that my dear was only you...
    Pagans do not convert others...
    for the hungry ladies...lol... I have a crock pot of homemade chicken/potatoe soup brewing... come on over...lol
    And to the OP I am sorry that one can ruin something as simple as a question for you...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 2:15 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• I believe alot of stuff but to narrow one thing down...i believe that God loves everyone.I believe that God believes in us even when we do not believe in him.I think that He is the only judge of my life and that when people judge others in the name of God, it's not what God wants.Judge not lest you be judged and all that....I think that love is the most important thing in this life. Not how often you go to church/worship, not what you call God, not how much of the bible you can quote,not if you are gay straight,black white, brown...Love is what Heaven is.Just lil ole me and my thoughts. :o)
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 1:24 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• I agree with Bearsjen. I was raised Christian (in an Assembly Of God) and I even opened up to other churches, I treid Baptist and Seventh Day Aventist. It all comes down to being a child of God and you know that saying "Bring up a child in the way they will go, and when they are old they won’t depart from it.” well thats me. I love my parents for keeping me in Church and plan on raising my kids in our Assembly of God Church as well. So to answer your question I belive my religion because it was what I have been taught all my life.
    angieluv

Answer by angieluv at 1:32 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• I'm Muslim I was raised in Christianity. I believe that there is 1 God.  I call him God my dh calls him Allah.  I believe that Christ (pbuh)  is not the son of God but a prophet.  I believe that there was a prophet after Christ (pbuh) who was called Muhammad (pbuh).  I am not judgmental of anyone else's religion, I feel we all have our on beliefs and that is fine by me.  I don't bash people who believe differently than me I welcome it.  If people bashed me when I was Christian then I would never have learned about Islam.  So I give the same respects to others. I have friends that are Catholic, Muslim, Christian, Pagan I pass no judgement after all in the end it is about believeing in God or whatever we as a human sees or believes as God.  P.S. the (pbuh) means peace be upon him.

Sarah

1boy1girl4me

Answer by 1boy1girl4me at 1:34 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• I asked something similar to this two days ago and was delighted with the responses. I am a Christian. I believe that all are sinners, and forgiveness of sin is possible because of the death of Christ on the Cross. He took our place.

I have studied many denominations and religeons, (although I admit I've heard of a few new ones on here) and have not found a church or denomination that "fits" me. Most tend to be all hell fire and brimstone or just completely the opposite, and to me seem to be very monetary. Little is spoken about Christ's actual message, which was one of love and personal discipline, not the right to judge others or cram your beliefs down their throats.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 1:40 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• I'm atheist... I grew up Christian.. but it never seemed to fit with me, i just wasn't feeling it, was saved ect, but I still just didn't feel right... when my grandmother died, i studied paganism, and learned how to meditate to deal with my grief, and although I learned a lot, like centering myself, and meditation, I didn't feel right following all of their beliefs... so I searched around for about 3 years, and finally said.. what if it isn't the religion, but just the fact that I don't believe in any diety... when I said that, I realized how right it felt to me... so I stuck with it.. I do believe in spirits, but I found enough theories as to why they are here scientifically, that I still feel right sticking with being an atheist.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:47 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• I believe that God so loved the world that He gave His only begotton son that Whoever believes in Him will not parish. I'm a born again Christian! I surrendered my life after dabbling with darkness and one day I cried out to Him. I burned my books and things from my past. I use to use drugs much more. I was very lost and empty. His Spirit filled me as I cried on my knees. MY life belongs to Him. The blood of Jesus runs through my veins.
    JCRestoredme

Answer by JCRestoredme at 1:49 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• xxhazeldovexx: You do not make any sense. John 4:24 says God is a spirit. but yet you believe in spirits but not in God. dosen't add up. Please explain this to me if you would,
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:51 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• My goal here is that if I help just one person return to God or keep their faith then May He alone receive ALL glory!
    JCRestoredme

Answer by JCRestoredme at 1:52 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• Anon, in response to your question about spirits. Pagans do not believe the bible to be the work of god (we believe it to be the work of men), therefore we dont believe in the god of abraham, but thats not to say we dont believe in spirits at all. We consider the bible to be a book of christian myths much like you would consider the stories of zeus from greek mythology.
    NightOwlMama

Answer by NightOwlMama at 2:36 AM on Jan. 13, 2009