I need some advice, can someone oblige...?

My husband and I want to wait until I progress further in my career before starting a family, but infertility runs highly in both of our families and he is going on 30 and I am going to be 23. He and I together currently make plenty enough to support a child and have been mowing over possibly moving up the planning process. I just have always wanted children and have been blessed with success in my career, and am just afraid with much more success in my career I might miss the narrow window where I am able, if at all, to have children. I know there is no rush... and there is always adoption, but my career can wait on children. I am a driven, highly independent person, regardless of my loving husbands support. I guess I just need some advice... constructive or optimistic.... please help. Thanks so much.

matts_wife39

Asked by matts_wife39 at 2:05 AM on Jan. 13, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• I would explain all that too him and see if he changes his mind. Tell him you want him to be the father of your children and you want nothing more than to have a family with HIM
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 2:07 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• I guess its more of a all-over family thing. I am ready, he is ready, but my parents and his parents are very pushy when it comes to my career and future... they kindof feel like I may jeaparize it... stupid I know... but I am goal oriented and nothing will keep my from finishing my masters degree and going to medical school. That and with my husband's job... he travels a lot, and it would kill me if he missed the birth or if something went wrong. But regardless... thats his job and thats not gonna change no matter how long we wait to try to conceive. Thanks for the advice!!!!
    matts_wife39

Answer by matts_wife39 at 2:12 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• I would not wait if you are sure you're ready.
    There will always be a reason to wait.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:16 AM on Jan. 13, 2009