I'm trying to get my son off the bottle and on just on food but he just won't let the bottle go and if I try not to give to him he just won't eat and just dont know what to do

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:32 AM on Jan. 13, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• How old is he?
    alohamom2boyz

Answer by alohamom2boyz at 2:42 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• How old is he? Does he use a sippy at all? What kind of food are you trying to give him?
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 5:27 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• honestly, he will eat if he gets hungry.
    alexsmomma06

Answer by alexsmomma06 at 8:58 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• Buy a sippy cup with a soft nipple similar to what's on a bottle. Now, throw away every bottle. Don't give him one no matter what. He has to understand the bottle is gone and it's not coming back. If he's old enough to eat solid, whole food break up chicken nuggets or some other finger food for him to try. If he doesn't eat then let him down. Eventually he will get hungry and figure out what has to be done.
    We weened my son from the bottle to the sippy cup at 5 mnths. So easy, he didn't realize what happened and we haven't had a problem since. In the mornings I feed him a packet of strawberry or brown sugar oatmeal and for lunch and dinner he gets different foods to feed himself. He really enjoys it. Children need consistency and independance.
    sidzwif

Answer by sidzwif at 11:28 AM on Jan. 13, 2009