Did you ever find out if your ex married?

Tonight I was looking at Facebook to add friends and I found a picture of my ex boyfriend's wedding. I saw him getting married and it mde me kind of sad. I miss him a lot. I'm happy for him but something inside me is sad to see he is married now. I am happily married which is weird for me to feel this way- almost like I'm envious. I know this HAS to be the stupidest thing ever! Have any of you ever seen a picture of your ex boyfriend married or met his wife or anythign like that and felt a twinge of sadness or pain even though you were happy for him?

Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:48 AM on Jan. 13, 2009 in Relationships

• Your not alone. I ran ino my ex-fiance while I was visiting my hometown and found out that he is dating a girl that was one of his friends and she was real jealous of our relationship so he quit talking to her for awhile. I know I should care less that they are together now especially because I'm married, but he WAS my first love and will always have a special place in my heart. So your not alone!
    angieluv

Answer by angieluv at 2:53 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• I can't stand most of my ex's. There is one who was actually a nice guy and I broke his heart (left him for DH!). I wish him all the happiness in the world. I don't think I'd feel sad or envious if he got married. Honestly I'd feel a bit relieved because I still feel a little guilty for hurting him so badly. I didn't cheat on him but I was dating him (living with him!) when I met my husband. I fell madly in love with my husband at first site. I broke up with the other guy before I started up with my husband but I hurt him none the less. Anyway, I hope he finds real love.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 2:55 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• I actually became friends with the wife of one of my ex's. I was happy for him, that he was able to have what me and my husband have. The other ex that I was with for seven years sent me an email the other day telling me he hasn't even had a girlfriend since we broke up. I have been married for almost three years. There is an example of someone that needs to get married!
    2-1CavWife

Answer by 2-1CavWife at 2:57 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• Oh wait!!! There was this one ex. He cheated on me with a friend of mine and I recently found out (via facebook go figure) that they are at least still friends. I guess it made me mad like I used to get when they were together. Like I was hoping that they would hate each other by now. I don't think they are still dating, I don't really know. I think they ended up with some kind of volatile open relationship thing. I guess on the bright side they might be making each other miserable still...
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 2:58 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• Actually, to see pics of my ex's wedding, which was really beautiful, made me feel better. He used to be into drugs and alcohol big time. He had dragged me down into his world, too. When it was over, I never saw or spoke to him again. I would have nightmares of him all the time. So when I saw that he had married and found that a baby girl was on the way for them, I felt better. I had thought he followed the same destructive pattern that he used to admire in his father. But to know that he changed for the better made me respect him a little.
    Ophy

Answer by Ophy at 3:11 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• in my opinion, there is something in your marriage that bothers you. maybe only one little thing that doesnt make you happy or that annoys you. something with your husband, that your ex did better.

i think the only way to be able to feel what you feel is that you miss something in your marriage.

please dont get me wrong though. i do not judge you for those feelings. i think every woman has those feelings from time to time.

But there is a reason why he is your ex. and thats always something you need to remember.

btw, dont tell your husband about that. he is a man after all and wouldnt understand ;) haha
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 3:19 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• I think the closet I came was anger..lol.. I have to share a child (my child) with an ex's new wife. Other than that sad that he's taken? No, I've never felt that way. I have wondered about an "x" here and there , is he married and ect.. Perhaps you had one of those relationships... where there was something unanswered or unfinished or the one who got aways syndrome? THat I have heard of in those cases. You can be happily married and still have feeling. Perhaps thats it.
    Tabetha_ruh

Answer by Tabetha_ruh at 3:55 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• yes i always wondered if mine did as well he was a awsome man but he had a huge drinking problem so im happy i left when i did but i miss him alot
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:45 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• I found out about one once. It was pretty sad. He has married a woman who could be my sister and her name is Christine. I felt bad for him.
    Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 6:37 AM on Jan. 13, 2009