Anyone pick their lips?

Ok, I admist- I have this HORRIBLE habit that happens when I have anxiety. Some people say that it is my way of cutting. I do it especialy if my lips are dry. What I do is I take a piece of dry skin from my lip and rip it off. I rip all the skin off of my lips until they are bleeding. I do this quite often too. Does anyone pick their lips like I do? Or am I not doing so well with my anxiety?

lovetoteachec

Asked by lovetoteachec at 2:51 AM on Jan. 13, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Not to discount whatever compulsion is making you pick at your lips or cuticles, but ~~Hey! it's a lot better than picking your nose!! :-)
    jburg2541

Answer by jburg2541 at 10:39 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• I pick my cuticles.

Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 2:58 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• I bite the skin off my lips when I'm nervous. I don't even realize i do it until they start hurting
    sophiebethmom

Answer by sophiebethmom at 3:06 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• I fidget. Constantly. I am always playing with something. I used to tear at my clothing when I was younger if I didn't have something to play with so I had to keep a rubber band around my wrist.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 3:07 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• i did that on accident because the dry skin was bothering me. was the first and the last time though, because it hurt like hell :(

If you really think this is your way of cutting, then you might want to see a doctor and talk about your problems and everything thats bothering you so much, that you constantly hurt yourself.

i wish you good luck
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 3:15 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• I do it constantly. My lips are ALWAYS dry, no matter how much chap stick I put on. If I don't do it, my lips get all nasty with dead skin.
    LolosMom

Answer by LolosMom at 3:51 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• I am a picker and I wil pick whatever I can find. I was just surfing around here and then came upon this queston as I was doing what I do best...PICKING the sore that healed and then got opened up again when I picked it over and over again. Now it's ugly.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:06 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• I"m like LolosMom. I also pick my nails, you know that bit of cuticle that seems to get on the bottom of your nail?
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 6:23 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• I've done this my entire life and my son does it so badly that his lips bleed and he still won't stop. I've also heard it's because of anxiety or even from boredom or obsessive compulsiveness.

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 8:45 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• Yep, I'm a lip picker and I have to stop! My daughter sees me doing it and then I catch her doing it. How am I supposed to tell her not to do something that always sees me doing?
    KlousMomi

Answer by KlousMomi at 9:08 AM on Jan. 13, 2009