well my 3 month old is breathin wierd and wont eat was could it be and her doctor said its nuthen?

avahsmommie

Asked by avahsmommie at 2:54 AM on Jan. 13, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• took me a minute to understand your question.

how "weird" exactly is she breathing?!

if the doctor says she is alright, then she probably is. just make sure she doesnt stop breathing, especially when she is asleep. Whenever babies stop breathing for a couple seconds (when asleep), then they need to be checked by specific doctors.
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 3:12 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• Don't you mean "Well, my 3 month old is breathing weird and won't eat. What could it be? Her doctor said it's nothing." ?

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:37 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• first thing is check her ribs.. does it seem like on the side they are "tugging" sinking in and you can see the ribs? How many breaths per min? in the middle of the rib cage is it sucking in further then normal? If so take your child in immediately... These are the top three signsof breathing issues (serious ones at that)... Now, from there if it is none of those... please describe it better. She could just have a cold and is not eating because of mucus build up... which drains in the belly and nose and throat.. could be why she is having a hard time. is it progressing getting worse?
    Tabetha_ruh

Answer by Tabetha_ruh at 4:03 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• GO to another doctor and get a second opinion!! A baby breathing funny and not eating is NOT NOTHING, I think that say's it all.
    aidansmyheart

Answer by aidansmyheart at 7:36 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• And if you don't have another Doc's opinion then I'd go to Emerg...
    aidansmyheart

• Depends on what the breathing funny is...does she have a cold? Is her nose stuffed up? Is she struggling to breathe or does it just sound odd to you? Could she be getting sick? All kids have periods where they don't eat much and if she is getting sick her breathing could sound 'weird' but if you truly are worried don't mess around and go to the doctor AGAIN!
    tiggerrrt

Answer by tiggerrrt at 7:50 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• Just call the pedi back and let them know what is going on again and for how long, don't get medical advice from here.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:02 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• Did the doctor that said it was "nothing" actually see the baby or just talk to you on the phone? If he just told you that over the phone, take the baby in. If he saw her and still said that, thake her to a DIFFERENT doctor!
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 8:20 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• From what you say, it sounds as though she has a cold and a stuffy nose. But even so the doctor should see her to make sure and to suggest what you can do to help her.

Answer by Bmat at 8:44 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• It maybe reflux too. what you said sounds like what my son went through at 6 weeks old. I don't want o scare you anymore then you are but yes get a 2nd opinion cause the pedi I had said oh it was nothing I'm just a new mom. well my son was life flighted to Pittsburgh Children's hospital because of all this. Glad I am an overprotective mom, we went to the er & they life flighted him. he's fine now growing so fast a 5yrs now.
    mag71

Answer by mag71 at 10:27 AM on Jan. 13, 2009