Does anyone ever think about high school?

Every once in a while I will think back to high school and wish that I could go back. I feel sad and like my life is over and sometimes really wish to go back and be carefree and have fun on choir tours and everything like I used to do before I had all of this responsibility. Does anyone ever feel TRAPPED even though you love your family? Am I evil to feel this way or reminsce? I married at 18 and have always been a goody goody- sometimes I wonder what I would do differently if I went back, if I actually partied and slept with guys other than waiting until marriage. Anyone feel this way where you wish you could go back and it makes you sad?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:54 AM on Jan. 13, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I do think about it, especially in the last couple years as my daughter (youngest) approaches it. Funny how, no matter how much the world has changed, high school never seems to. I feel a little melancholy sometimes, especially when I think of people I wish I would have stayed in touch with...but I don't feel like I'm trapped now, so that isn't an issue. Lately, I've just been feeling like I want more for myself. I love my family, and I've done a damn good job taking care of them the last 20 years, putting my own hopes on hold sometimes, and so now I find myself wanting to go back to school...not back to high school...but just to further myself.
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 3:01 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• Yes!!! I feel that way. I married at 17...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:56 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• I wish sometimes that I had done not quite so many crazy things in high school.

I would certainly like that body back.

But my life now is more than I could have hoped for - so while it's fun to try to connect to my younger self, I am happier now.
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 2:57 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• well im still in highschool =)
    11th grade,i sometimes get sick of being there but im finishing school and not missing any assigments and stuff for my baby,he needs some one to look up to =)
    misty91

Answer by misty91 at 3:00 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• The only thing I really miss is all the friends that moved away and getting to spend time with them.
    sophiebethmom

Answer by sophiebethmom at 3:14 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• Honestly it never crosses my mind. I still know one girl from high school and she's a casual acquaintance at best. I'm 28, I've been married 2 years. I guess its because everyone I love have nothing to do with high school.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 3:32 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• Partying in the sense you're thinking is not very much fun. It may seem like it if you've never done it, but it's a lonely existance. I think we all remember hs in some way, I often look back with my adult mind and realize every single thing I could have done different. Hindsight is 20/20
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:01 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• I never partied. I didn't like school. I was bullied and I cringe at the thought of anyone I went to school with ever seeing me because those people were not nice. It was the worst 4 years of my life but maybe not as bad as the last 5 years of my life so i take that statement back.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:12 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• I just miss the friendships I had. You never have friends like you had in HS. No need to live in the past when you have so much in the present I always say.

Wonderlust

Answer by Wonderlust at 5:17 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• It depends on whether you liked HS. HS was not a care-free time for me, so I'm so glad to be far away from that. But I do miss my HS friends. We all just had a mini-reunion at Christmas and it was so good to see them. It's the same with my college friends. Once you're out in the world with a family, you just don't make those kinds of friends again. It's been 21 years since high school and several thousands of miles.
    shakesrear

Answer by shakesrear at 7:21 AM on Jan. 13, 2009