What kind of birth control are you on? (IUD/IUC users needed)

I have taken the pill since I was 18. I am about to have another baby and after this one I wanted something a little more long term. So I was gonna go the IUD route. But alot of people on CM are freaking me out the all their horror stories about them. What kind are you on? How's it working for you? What do you recommend?? Tell me your IUD/IUC stories. Anyone have anything good to say about em'?

Wonderlust

Asked by Wonderlust at 5:24 AM on Jan. 13, 2009 in Health

• I have the Mirena IUD and absolutely love it. I haven't had any negative side effects what so ever. The insertion wasn't the most comfortable thing in the world, I had alot of cramping after I had mine inserted but that only lasted for the day. The fact is there are a ton of horror stories out there but there are just as many good ones. Just make sure you do your homework before deciding on anything. And another thing to think about is this: will your insurance cover the IUD? They are pretty darn pricey if you have to pay out of pocket.
    KlousMomi

Answer by KlousMomi at 8:49 AM on Jan. 13, 2009