Six month old not sleeping during the night

I have tried everything and she still does not want to sleep she continuesly wakes up ever 3 hours during the night and won't go back to sleep for about 1 and a half. I can't keep up with this cause I don't have anyone to help me during the day so im up all day and up all night I really need some help! Can anyone help me please.?

charmd18

Asked by charmd18 at 5:28 AM on Jan. 13, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I'm going through the same thing. Actually TiccledBlue gave me good advice! It could just be habit to see you, and she just wants to be cuddled. And at 6 months babies have a growth spurt which messes up they're sleep and eating habits. I know it's stressful and I go through the same thing day in and day out, but we as mommy's have to make this sacrifice when there's no true diagnosis all we can do is roll with the punches I guess. I'd rather wake to feed him, then think that I might be taking away calories his little body need's...he seems sooo hungry when he wakes that I don't think it's just to play! But you can tell by your daughter's cues if she's up to play or eat..if you think it's just for attn then you should try just letting her cry it out, until she goes back to sleep.
    aidansmyheart

Answer by aidansmyheart at 7:32 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• Why is she waking? Is she hungry? Will she eat?

TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 7:15 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• If she won't go back to sleep, and seems VERY upset even after a good 20 mins I'd make a bottle. I know with my son after he eat's he goes to sleep faster any way's.
    aidansmyheart

Answer by aidansmyheart at 7:34 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• She might be teething. My daughter is currently getting her bottom teeth and is up more times a night than I can count. If she is waking and is cranky, but not hungry then it might be teething. Try some teething tablets if that seems to be the case. It will pass, just take it one day at a time.
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 9:08 AM on Jan. 13, 2009