PLEASE HELP ME!

Well im in alot of pain right now im like 7 weeks pregnant and constapated like crazy but i got the worse cramping in my left side what can i take for the constipation? and is the constipation causing the sharp pain in my left side? PLEASE HELP ASAP

xaviersmamacita

Asked by xaviersmamacita at 5:37 AM on Jan. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I would call your doctor very soon, or go to the ER. It could be an ectopic pregnancy. It's probably not and I don't mean to scare you but you should make sure immediately because it can be fatal. Good luck.

CluelessCarrie

Answer by CluelessCarrie at 5:46 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• I agree with CluelessCarrie. I do not want to scare you but when I had an ectopic pregnancy, I woke up with the same type of pain. They caught mine early enough so I did not loose a tube. I was given a shot instead. Hopefully it is nothing, but it is best to be sure.
    JenaElliott

Answer by JenaElliott at 6:05 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• I agree with the other two about seeing your doctor. As far as constipation goes during pregnancy (if that's what it is and you're sure it isn't an ectopic pregnancy) you can eat prunes and things that are really high in fiber. Make a day of it eating nothing but high fiber things and drinking tons of water. Drinking a lot of water can help you to not get constipated anymore. I feel for ya hun!
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 8:26 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• applesauce! applesauce! applesauce!
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 1:02 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• Hey so they pain has stoped over night can it still be a ectopic pregnancy?
    xaviersmamacita

Answer by xaviersmamacita at 5:06 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• call you doctor and ask about stool softeners being the left side that is your bowls most likely
    greeniemommy

Answer by greeniemommy at 5:16 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• No applesauce this will not help. Prune Juice, Apple Juice (weird enough apple juice helps but not applesauce) Colace is a common stool softner that can be taken daily. OTC. MOM works well. Lots of water. Good Luck ( i had problems with constipation when i was preg too)
    morekids226

Answer by morekids226 at 8:20 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• I'm glad the pain went away. I would still call my doctor but you're probably fine.
    I agree, the applesauce won't help. It has something to do with pectin. But yes, apple juice works.
    Or just plain old fiber... I take Colon Cleanse regularly. It's just psyllium husk (what most brands of fiber are). It really works quite well... Sometimes too well ;)
    CluelessCarrie

Answer by CluelessCarrie at 2:28 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• Sorry for taking so long to respond again. I would still call the doctor. At this point, they should be able to tell that the baby is in the right place. When I had the ectopic pregnancy, I was 5 weeks and 3 days when I woke up with all the pain. The pain felt like constipation pain on one side. I called the doctor and she told me to take tyenol. She did not seem that concerned. My sisters had a few pregnancies so I talked to her about. She said what I was going through did not sound right. I switched to her doctor and they diagnosed the ectopic when I was 8 weeks and 4 days. It doesn't hurt to have it checked. Good luck!
    JenaElliott

Answer by JenaElliott at 1:09 PM on Jan. 15, 2009