Baby showers

This is baby number 3 for me my oldest is almost 6 and youngest is almost five. I got rid of most all there stuff to make room and i was wondering if i have a girl this time if it is right to have a baby shower or if i should wait and have a welcome to the family party instead

sweetpamom29

Asked by sweetpamom29 at 7:07 AM on Jan. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Actually, with the gap between your older two and the new baby, it's acceptable to have either a baby shower(just have someone else host it), or a welcome to the family party. Either way you decide, have fun with it!
    britngavin

Answer by britngavin at 7:46 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• I say go with whichever you would rather do. I would probably have a welcome to the family party, simply because I didn't get to have a real baby shower lol. My DD came early and she came home from the hospital the day of the shower lol.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 8:27 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• diaper party
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:38 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• I had a welcome to the fam party with my first. I thought that was great. That way I knew what I did and didn't nedd, and everyone got to meet my son at one time. Since it was at my Dad's house I just got to sit back and do nothing. And when I wanted my baby back I told everyone that he needed to nurse. It was great.
    jombmomi

Answer by jombmomi at 11:14 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• We're having a couples shower... that way my husband and his friends can be included. This is our first baby, but I feel like EVERY baby deserves to be celebrated, no matter what number baby this is! We are having a bbq... some little games... and a cake... gifts are welcome and appreciated, and even if you have a welcoming party before baby arrives it's ok! that just means that you won't have to pass baby around person to person if you're not ok with that, but if you are, and want everyone to meet your baby, you can still have it before baby arrives so that you can fill the room and be prepared and everyone can see the mystery of the belly, and it gives everyone a reason to come back to visit once the baby has arrived!
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 1:00 PM on Jan. 13, 2009