Boxer puppies?

Anyone had one of these before? are they brats? my SO is trying to get one from the pound today and when he plays with her there she tries to chew up his shoe! when its on him! So I was curious if those kinds of dogs are brats? lol

jocelynsue123

Asked by jocelynsue123 at 7:24 AM on Jan. 13, 2009 in Pets

• i had one and it was one of the best dogs i ever had. she was like twelve weeks when we got her. it took me seriously like four days to train her and she was excellent with the kids. go for it they are great. love to play (she loved playing rough with hubby)but would turn around a split second later and be as gentle as ever with the children. very very smart dogs.
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 7:28 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• i just read all of you post and the shoe thing she' just wants to play. shes in the pound and im sure she is not getting the attention she needs. you of course will have to spend the time training her not to chew. buy her lots of toys. it will take work as she probably hasnt had any training but i am telling you it will be worth it.
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 7:30 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• boxers are the best dogs in my eyes...i have one now that yes chews on things but as any other dog you have to train not to...ours is still a baby still working on him...but hes coming around...Jalen my son loves to play with him...my son is ruff and Rosco (the dog) plays right back with him...but neither get hurt...there very playful dogs....and so cute and i jus cant say enough about them...takes sum time training but GREAT dogs for a family
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:52 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• They can be SO hyper!!!!

You really need to be able to keep up with them and make sure they get all the exercise they need.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 8:56 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• I had Boxers growing up, they are GREAT dogs. They are wonderful with children and are easy to train!
    They are (by far) my favorite dog breed! Nothing compares to a Boxer!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:47 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• Boxers are not "brats" at all. They are high energy, high drive, intelligent, and loyal dogs that need an experienced and patient owner. I have had Boxers for years and will always have one, they are wonderful and so much fun. I definitely suggest doing research before getting ANY dog. Check out www.boxerworld.com and http://www.americanboxerclub.org/ for more info on the breed.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 2:27 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• me and my SO got a boxer lab mix from the pound about 3 months ago and he is a great dog a little stubborn but a great dog very protective and very loyal i would suggest getting one
    zimmtobe

Answer by zimmtobe at 3:10 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• just an update, we DID get the dog and seriously from just one day with her I can tell shes probably the best dog ever. Shes about 3-4 months. Completely potty trained already, comes to her name ALREADY(we just gave it to her today),walks on a leash very good, sits and shakes. She is such a good dog and so affectionate! I am very glad we got her! Shes so smart and she loves my SO and me so much, she followed me around all day and whined and sat outside the door everytime i went to the bathroom while my SO was at work.
    Shes so cute!
    thanks for all the answers, I can already tell shes gonna be an amazing pet!
    jocelynsue123

Answer by jocelynsue123 at 6:41 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• I have four boxers and no they are not brats.I have all my boxers trained right.They are very smart dogs love them of course.
    monica277

Answer by monica277 at 3:52 AM on Jan. 21, 2009