What could be wrong?

I am more than three weeks late as of today and i went to the doc and they did blood and said i'm definitely not pregnant...is there any1 else who has had this problem? It's just so depressing because i got my hopes up thinking i was pregnant and then get crushed because i'm not.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:40 AM on Jan. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• my aunt had that happen to her and about 5 months later and looking pregnant they had to do a ultra sound for it too come out positive for some reason her body didnt have the hormone to show on a test baby was fine he is 26 now
    greeniemommy

Answer by greeniemommy at 5:12 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• I used to have problems with my periods and I would always think I was pregnant their was actually one time when I just KNEW i was pregnant because I was 6 months late on my period, but all of my tests confirmed that I was negative. It is a sad thing, but you might just be stressing over something right now, that or your body is just going through something right now that you can't explain unless you see a doctor. Even then they may not be able to tell you whats wronge!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:58 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• I agree with the other post however it could be more. My period is usually very regular. But a few months after I had my son, they stopped suddenly, I would spot erractically, then have my period for a few weeks, then nothing again for awhile. It was very frustrating. I went to my GYN complaining, thinking maybe it was because I had chosen not to go on BC. (My hubby left for Iraq a month after our son was born so I wouldnt need it) They did some blood work and found I am am Hypothyroid. Basically thats where your metabolism shuts down. It is dangerous if not caught. I was almost too late. A normal level is between 0-5, my level was 458. I was close to hitting a coma. So I wouldnt wait around just attributing it to stress. I would ask for the thyroid bloodwork just to be safe. Look on Webmd for other symptoms too.
    Justice828

Answer by Justice828 at 9:04 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• Is your period usually regular? Have you had any stress in your life recently? Have you been sick?
    When I was in school, the month of finals I would skip 2 periods.. the one during finals and the one after... happened both years. The second time I skipped 2 periods, then got pregnant... talk about confusing.
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 9:28 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• my period is always on time same day every month for the last six months and i haven't had any unusual stress or started any new meds and i'm only 18 so it can't be fibroids or pre-menopause
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:32 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• i had 12 blood tests and they all said i wasnt pregnaut then i gained all this weight and guess what i was 4 months pregnaunt thanks to the depo shot that didnt work
    peachy101

Answer by peachy101 at 2:54 PM on Jan. 13, 2009