Looking for sound machine

I am looking for a sound machine/noise maker for my daughters bedroom. We have been running a humidifer but the fan is about shot in it, and it block the noises enought that she slept. I need something to block the outside noises as she is a very light sleeper. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what we could get?

Bobbij24

Asked by Bobbij24 at 8:52 AM on Jan. 13, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Are you looking for a "sound spa"? If so, I got my daughter hers at our local family dollar. It has different sounds (rain, heartbeat, beach, etc.) Her favorite is the rain, it puts her right to sleep.
    KlousMomi

Answer by KlousMomi at 9:03 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• I have a noisy fan in my daughter's room. I read a new study which said that having a fan running in a baby's room reduces the risk of SIDS because it keeps air circulating...so mine does double duty.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 9:36 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• I've also used a radio tuned to static...when we were at other people's houses...so that is always an option. You can also buy white noise CD's.
    ANGIE409

• I bought a white noise song from iTunes for 99 cents and put the iPod dock near my son when he sleeps. I set it on repeat so it will play all night. Works great!
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 9:51 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• Thanks for all the suggestions ladies...they have been a great help!
    Bobbij24

Answer by Bobbij24 at 11:21 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• You know, I have been looking for one as well! so thanks to you all, also!
    TXColter

Answer by TXColter at 11:29 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• There are several clock radios on the market that have "soothing sounds" built in. Or you can just get a white noise CD.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 11:46 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• The cheapest solution you will find is a box fan. We have been using that since our walls are so thin. I have always slept with one, and I guess Noah will now too. Its the perfect white noise, and its cheap!
    MamaCass07

Answer by MamaCass07 at 12:47 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• a boxed fan
    peachy101

Answer by peachy101 at 2:52 PM on Jan. 13, 2009