I am a new mom in my early 30's with breastfeeding infant and a new career as a Registered Nurse. I have worked through most of my pregnancy at a local hospital as a nurse (up to 8 months of pregnancy).I hope to have more babies but I don't want to loose my career, how can I balance having babies and my career as a Registered Nurse. (I am also hoping to find new job once I am done breastfeeding at 6 months). welcoming suggestions and ideas. thanks in advance

Nurse and mom

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:56 AM on Jan. 13, 2009 in Money & Work

• Yeah, I know how difficult it can be to manage a career outside the home with little one. I was a marketer and I did alot of medical marketing. I found that it was difficult trying to balance a home, a career, and family. I would be so exhausted, because I literally took the kids to school and daycare and came home to get dinner ready. I always brought work home and I was on call all the time. After coming close to losing my son, I decided to stay home. Luckily I found something I can do from home and I don't feel like I threw my degree away. It's easier than balancing too much at one time. My little ones enjoys it much more and I don't stress out as much.
    SimplyCreative

Answer by SimplyCreative at 9:19 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• Although I am not in your situation. I would say once you feel up to leaving your child for a couple of hours, just work part-time at the same hospital or a new one.
    usanamama

Answer by usanamama at 9:58 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• Have you considered a home job in the nursing field?  Maybe these resources will help you:

• Fonemed.com

• McKesson.com

• I also have other resources for telecommuting and freelance work listed here:

http://www.workfromhomeontheinternet.com/freelance_work_telecommute_jobs

nuwave06

Answer by nuwave06 at 1:50 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• Do they offer a baylor shift? That's where you work two 12 hour shifts on the weekend and get full time benefits, plus your pay is supplemented to make up for having to work every weekend and only 2 days/week.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:29 AM on Apr. 25, 2009

• Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.