Why do you believe in God, Jesus, the Bible...etc.?

My faith is really being tested right now and I am just looking for testimonies from others as to why do they keep believing in the Bible? To me its not enought to just believe because that is what I was taught.

Msunique80

Asked by Msunique80 at 8:58 AM on Jan. 13, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Well, I have always believed in God. It is something that I wasn't really taught. I didn't go to church when I was little and my parents didn't put a religion on me. I KNOW that there is God in my heart bc I would not be where I am if there wasn't. I pray every night, why? Because I feel that I must.

My spirituality has been tested my whole life-the same as anyone elses. As far as the bible goes and other religious works, I think that people need to remember that Man wrote them and since man is not perfect nor can the bible or any other piece of literature.

I believe that the bible was written with good intentions to tell a story. I do have a problem with man being able to take books out of the bible bc they don't approve of them.

I thank God everday, ask for guidance and to be watched over and protected.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:04 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• I believe in God because I do.I don't care a whole lot for the bible but Jesus existed according to historian and he existed in the capacity the bible claims according to some.That is enough for me.
    laranadtony

Answer by laranadtony at 9:06 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• I'm agnostic these days.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:16 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• Anon.... the thing you wrote about the bible being wrote by man... yes, man did write the bible, but God gave him the words to write down.. So, then you are saying God is not perfect? I believe in God and always have. I am not saying that I have always lived like I should, but I wouldn't be where I am now if it wasn't for the grace of God! Thank you so much Lord!!
    ProudMommie87

Answer by ProudMommie87 at 9:17 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• No, I am saying that Man wrote the bible and is not perfect, therefore mistakes where most likely made-plus Man took books out of the bible. Why not keep all the books together and allow the reader to interprete it.

I am not saying that God is not perfect...I am saying that man is not-he wrote it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:24 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• I believe in God but I do not follow Christianity. I believe in God because I can see and feel the presence of God. It is a matter of faith and following your heart.
    anetrnlov

Answer by anetrnlov at 9:25 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• I believe in God and the Bible, because too many things have happened in my life for me to not believe. God says ask and you will receive and my 5 year old grandson is in remission from leukemia, that is through God's will. No matter what you are going through reading the Bible gives comfort. God has blessed me with 3 healthy, well adjusted children, who are parents of beautiful children. We may not always get the answer we want, but God gives the strength and faith to get through whatever may come our way. Of course we question some things, we wouldn't be human if we didn't. Think back over your life and you will find things that will help you through. It is not a question of believing because you were taught to believe, it is a question of what in your life keeps that belief alive.
    Pattyeb12

Answer by Pattyeb12 at 9:56 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• I believe absolutely. You have to work this out for yourself. My suggestion would be to do your own private bible study, and seek advise only when confused on the message. I had my own personal struggles and times where my beliefs were tested. I realized that you have to take the negative things in life one at a time, examine them for good lessons/outcomes, and truly recognize the blessings in your life, no matter how small. I hope that you find what you need to restore your faith, my life is certainly worth living now that I have accepted Christ as my Savior.
    Kimebs

Answer by Kimebs at 10:15 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• I whole heartedly believe in God but I DO NOT agree with religion. I feel religion just clouds peoples beliefs, if you don't believe everything one religion says you can't be part of it. My belief in Him hapens everytime I look outside, or in my childrens faces or in my Husbands eyes. These are things no other "being" could have created. Of course our faith will be tested form time to time. That is all part of it my dear, it's how you choose to pull through those bumps that determine the outcome. I find myself relying on Him more and believing in Him more when there are tough times. It helps me get through them easier. Everything happens for a reason never by happenstance. God only gives us that which he knows we can handle, and he knows us better than we know ourselves. Just keep close to him in your times of doubt and he will show you the way through.
    happyathomemum

Answer by happyathomemum at 10:49 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• I'm along the same lines as the first poster on my journey with God. My family was pretty relaxed when it came to church and whatever. But I always KNEW God. We were technically a "Catholic home" so my mom prepared me for communion when I was like 6 or so. And I still remember her coming to me with the workbook and saying she was going to "teach me about God". And I remember looking at her and thinking, "I already know."

Yes, my belief in God has been tested from time to time. But that's what living in the physical world can do. Our connection is "tampered", more or less. But when you sit in meditation you can still sense your connection with the divine...
    jenettyshome

Answer by jenettyshome at 11:05 AM on Jan. 13, 2009