does anyone else feel ike thier 2 yr old turns off there ears from time to time

My daughter just turned 2 and somedays she's fun and well behaved and somedays it doesn't matter how i word things to sound fun and nice or how loud i say things nie or not so nice it seems she turns off her ears and in fact does the opposite of what i'm asking and seems to enjoy ticking me off

amommy2a2yrold

Asked by amommy2a2yrold at 9:07 AM on Jan. 13, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I've come to the conclusion that the "2's" are a small fore-taste of the "teens".

She's just figuring out where her independence starts and just how much authority you have. Another issue is that toddlers have a hard time with noise discrimination... just what should she listen and pay attention to? You? The TV? The Radio? The wonderful, exciting sounds coming from outside? The toy she is playing? We don't have a hard time switching our brains from one sound to another based on importance at that moment but it is a learned skill and toddlers can't do it yet.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 11:52 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• thats all ages sorry but its true my 3 year old and 6 year old do it and its the terrible twos but i dont think they ever grow out of it gl
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 9:09 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• mine is fourteen months and no she turns them on from time to time. lol i think she has them off all the time and turns them on when she feels like it
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 9:09 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• 2-----3----4-----5----6----
    they turn their ears off at those ages to and even higher..
    I have a 4 1/2 year old and I have to repeat...repeat....repeat...everything.
    It is hard at times....but stay consistant....
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 9:41 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• Glad to know I'm not the only one, lol! My daughter is 14 months and she's excellent at ignoring you, and she's smiling while she does it so you know that she understands... lol
    amber_1024

Answer by amber_1024 at 10:40 AM on Jan. 13, 2009