How long does bleeding from a miscarriage last? And is it very heavy bleeding with pain the whole time? Or is it just bleeding?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:47 PM on Jul. 17, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I bled for about a week like a normal period. They will give you some pills that shorten up the time you bleed. It's hard to go through a miscarriage. Hope you have a good support system.
    Anonymous

• i had a miscarrige back in march and the only painful bleeding was when the little sac came out i was (6 weeks) and after that i bled for two weeks but it was just brown discharge it didnt hurt.
    yola72407

Answer by yola72407 at 3:49 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• I had a miscarriage 4yrs ago, I was just into my 3rd month. I bled for just over a week. I had very heavy bleeding for the first couple days, after that it was more like a normal period.
    bookay

Answer by bookay at 3:51 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• I was 14 weeks when we discovered my twins had died....so, I had to have D&C which may have caused me to bleed more. I bled for about 3 weeks...one day in particular there was VERY heavy bleeding with lots of clots and cramping....other than that I dont remember it being overly painful(except emotionally)If you are really uncomfortable in lots of discomfort or passing a lot of bright red blood you need to go to the dr/hospital immediately! I should have went but I was stubborn
    trentntats

Answer by trentntats at 4:39 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• I had a miscarriage Sept. of last year, I never had any pain and didn't even realize that I was pregnant till it was pretty much over. I thought that I had started my period then it stopped for two days and I started bleeding again heavily I called the doc. and they wanted me to come in for a test...I didn't believe that I was pregnant but I was...they told me that I was most likely miscarring due to my HCG levels were so low...I continued to to go every two days to get blood work until my levels were at 0. It was a very hard experience to go through...even though at the time I wasn't ready for another baby....I still think about it all the time....I really hope that you have a good support system. But no I never had any pain...just very tired and heavy bleeding and then to the dark lighter bleeding.
    Froggy_one

Answer by Froggy_one at 2:59 AM on Jul. 18, 2008