Did you all hear about the Porn Industry asking to be bailed out?

I heard that on the news- the first thing that popped in my mind is I will be so mad if we waste millions to bail them out when we has so many other places to put out money

Tabetha_ruh

Asked by Tabetha_ruh at 9:40 AM on Jan. 13, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2009/01/07/porn-industry-seeks-federal-bailout/#more-34724

There is a link to the article. I think it is ridiculous. Even if it is a joke, they are wasting peoples time even proposing it. Like congress does not have anything better to do than tell them they can not have our tax money to fuel an industry that shows 90% of 7-16yr olds videos of sex (and sex acts) online. In the article they quoted Flynt as saying, "People are too depressed to be sexually active. This is very unhealthy as a nation. Americans can do without cars and such but they cannot do without sex."
    soccerchik8287

Answer by soccerchik8287 at 12:33 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• now that would just be GOOFY.
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 9:45 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• yep, i heard that.
    momofpurebliss

Answer by momofpurebliss at 10:02 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• NO! Tell me all about it.
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 10:07 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• I thought it was great. Honestly, they're just trying to show how ridiculous the auto bailout was. Why shouldn't they be taken just as seriously? They are a multi-billion dollar industry and employ more people than your realize, just like the auto industry does.
    Kimebs

Answer by Kimebs at 10:09 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• Because we need money in so many other places then to go to porn, there are people starving about to lose their homes, job and so much more but you feel porn should be bailed out? There are so many better things to do with our money at this time... any other time maybe but not now
    Tabetha_ruh

Answer by Tabetha_ruh at 10:11 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• I didn't think they were joking or making fun of the auto bailout. I hope that they were because I was like "you gotta be kidding me". They said that people are not spending money on porn now because they don't have the extra money from how the economy is so they need help. That's crazy.
    momofpurebliss

Answer by momofpurebliss at 10:17 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• Heck, go for it. If the bank, auto industry and whatever else needs to be bailed out, why not the porn industry. They have as much right as anyone else. JMO
    lucandpepsmom

Answer by lucandpepsmom at 10:39 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• I think they're just trying to be funny and trying to make a statement. Leave it to Larry Flynt to cause a ruckus!
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 11:37 AM on Jan. 13, 2009