What do you do to "Give Back" be honest...

Tabetha_ruh

Asked by Tabetha_ruh at 9:43 AM on Jan. 13, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I just donate what I can when I can without being showy about it.
    I know there is a verse in the bible about not letting one hand knowing what the other hand is doing.
    I also like to help people in need whenever I can, even if it's just an ear, shoulder, hug, or prayer.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 7:22 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• I don't. =\
    i've been thinking about recycling though. idk i probably won't
    just being honest. haha
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 9:44 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• yes not to much here but I do send my kids to church every Sunday with food for the pantry :)

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:47 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• Clothes, toys, money....this year I am wanting to add time to that list.
    anetrnlov

Answer by anetrnlov at 9:49 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• we donate a lot of money to charities, our church, missions trips...We also donate all of our "ready to pass along" stuff to various organizations every couple of months.
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 9:53 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• We donate clothes and donate money. We also donate food when the schools are having a drive. And not very often, but about twice a year we donate blood;)

We recycle and are conscious about how much energy we use. We used cloth diapers. Everytime we go to the park we pick up a few pieces of garbage-I know it doesn't sound like much, but if EVERYONE did this our world would be a better and greener place to live:)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:54 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• We donate clothes, toy, food and time! Twice a year we go through our house and anything that hasn't been used in the past 6 months we will donate. We donate food to a local family in need and we give toys to Toys for Tots. We also give toys and time Operation Christmas Child every Christmas. I volunteer at the Humane Society and my dh is part of the Big Brother/Big Sister Program. We feel it is very important to give back and we want to raise our children to be grateful for what they have and know how important it is to appreciate all that everyone does in the community :)

MNMom247365

Answer by MNMom247365 at 10:02 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• Truly giving people who give from the heart and not for recognition dont tell what they do to give back...they just do it.
    NorahSethsMommy

Answer by NorahSethsMommy at 10:16 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• I give to Goodwill when my kids out grow toys or clothes, if it's still in good condition. Also, I just joined a project with Mom Dot.com through my blog that is going to take up donations from businesses and individuals for various charities. Giving is great, but sometimes not as accessible as we would like it to be. The blog thing is easy for me because whatever samples I get from companies, I'm going to donate to the cause.
    majesticchild

Answer by majesticchild at 10:36 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• We donate.
    Also at work I do far more than I am paid to do (I work with older people) - at one point my pay barely covered my expenses. I feel that I am serving the older people and helping them improve their quality of life.

Answer by Bmat at 11:04 AM on Jan. 13, 2009