What dreams do you have?

People always talk about setting goals and having dreams and doing things to make those dreams a reality. All I ever was certain that I really wanted was a good husband. Well it seems like I pick ok guys, just not ones that are good for me. I am about to get a divorce now and am devastated because I have given the best I could to this relationship and am wanting to give even more but its not enough for him. I am thinking that I need another dream/goal but I don't really want anything else in life.

Msunique80

Asked by Msunique80 at 9:59 AM on Jan. 13, 2009 in Relationships

• My dreams of having a good guy have always blown up in my face....am about to leave serious relationship #3. Married the other two but not this one thank Gawd! GL to you!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:01 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• My dreams were always to get my BSN and work at St. Judes. OR somewhere like LA, new york city.. somewhere huge that has a big trama unit. And I would love to just travel as much as I can. But my hubby doesn't want to ever live anywhere besides where we are now :( so he told me i can find new dreams but my heart keeps going back to that..
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 10:03 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• I had the dream of having a great guy and a happy marriage. I am fortunate that I found both. My dreams for my relationship now are just to continue as we are....I have other dreams for myself and my family but none are relationship specific.
    anetrnlov

Answer by anetrnlov at 10:04 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• krazyash...I have the same...I have 1 year until I am finished with my BSN. I also wanted to work at St Jude but I think I may be too soft hearted to handle it so I am setting towards OB, ED, ICU or NICU. Good luck.
    anetrnlov

Answer by anetrnlov at 10:06 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• I have a dram of writing a book one day. I have started it and I am still working on it. I am very lucky that I have a supportive family. My first dream was to own my own business and I have accomplished that and I am still running it today, after 5 years.

I do have other dreams and I am always looking at them. I set them up into categories. Some of them are for my children and others are for me and my husband and others are just for me.

As I stated before, I am very lucky because I have a wonderful husband who goes along with my craziness and children who are very bright.

Good Luck and try to come up with something that is for you that does not make you rely on someone else.
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 10:10 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• I say just keep on keeping on. If you are looking for Mr. Right it might be a while. Take that time to focus on other important things in your life and the right man will fall into your lap. I did exactly this for two years. I focused on myself and my children and nothing else. I met the man of my dreams, my soulmate, my perfect match. We are now married and blissfully in love. It can happen, you just have to be ok with not looking for it. Good luck sweetie!!
    happyathomemum

Answer by happyathomemum at 10:27 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• My dream is to own a business that would allow me to help myself and my kids at the same time and I think my new blog is going to fulfill that dream. The blog is about creating a happy and memorable childhood for your kids and I update it with something unique everyday. The thing is, it's going to force me to open up and try new things out with my kids. Some of the things I've never tried before and some of them I have, but all of it will benefit both me and my kids at the same time.

See what I mean at http://www.majesticchild.com

And don't worry, if you want it bad enough, you'll find a way to make it happen. If it never happens, then you didn't want it bad enough to make any moves towards it anyway.
    Good Luck!!!
    majesticchild

Answer by majesticchild at 10:28 AM on Jan. 13, 2009