Napping on their own

My DS is almost 9 months, and I rock him to sleep at naps and bedtime. My mother has always tells me, oh one day he will just be playing on the floor and lay his head down and go to sleep. So my question is at what age did your kids just nap on their own, be laying there watching tv or something and the next thing you look over and they are asleep.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:03 AM on Jan. 13, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My daughter just really started doing that and she's 14 months old.. But she'll play and run around so much that she's exhausted...LOL
    amber_1024

Answer by amber_1024 at 10:39 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• i think my kids were like 1 or so when they started
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 10:07 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• My nephew never did that exactly, but we could just lay him in his crib with some toys and he'd go to sleep on his own around a year old. (my son is only five months so that's why I am saying what my nephew did).
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 10:48 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• My DD is 9 mo old also.....napping on her own seems like a fantasy to me right now. I hope all of these answers that say around a year ring true with my LO!
    Kimebs

Answer by Kimebs at 10:55 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• Ugh wish I knew! My son is 13 months and I'm still bouncing him to sleep.
    NewMum2007

Answer by NewMum2007 at 11:00 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• when my two son were like 1 to 6 month i would cuddle them to sleep and sing song to them but when they past 6 month i stop doing that. My first son didn't like that idea he cried for a good 30 minutes but he fall asleep and second night 15 mintes and the third night he make couple noises and fall asleep and now he is 4 and been sleeping a long with no help by 8 p.m. my youngest that 15 month doesn't mind the idea at first but now at this age he fuzzle with me not to put him in the crib but i do he cries for a good hour and falls asleep. sound cruel to leave him to cry but they learn that is time to rest and that there is no way out of it noone will come to the rescue cause don't we close the door put he night light and we are gone . and the day nap the same close door and kiss and see you in 2 hours
    leg1284

Answer by leg1284 at 11:10 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• my son is 2 and i still snuggle him to sleep at naps and bed time i put him on my lap and we cuddle for at least 10 mins and i rub his back then put him in bed i love that snuggle time i wouldnt take it away for anything
    jajamama

Answer by jajamama at 11:26 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• mine is 14 months and she just started being able to sleep on her own. Not so much just falling asleep where ever, but I lay next to her while she falls asleep, then I sneak away. She was nursed to sleep up until that point.
    epoh

Answer by epoh at 11:35 AM on Jan. 13, 2009