Is it okay to give my baby beefaroni?

She is nine months old, and she is very picky, so i thought about trying that out, do you think it would be okay?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:04 AM on Jan. 13, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• u should call ur pedi and ask the doc because ever baby is diff and the doc would know if the baby was able to handle it...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:06 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• Beefaroni is greasy and salty, I don't think I'd give it to an infant. There are baby foods more suitable for her age without so much grease or salt. Or you could make your own without the grease and much lower salt if she won't eat any of the commercial food.

Answer by Bmat at 10:07 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• If I gave it to my kids ( I do once in a while ) I'd wait a bit longer. Have you tried making spaghetti and meat sauce or something similar?
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 10:08 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• well okay i will be the bad guy here. my daughter was eating table food and at that time her favorite was beef a roni or ravioli and she did fine with it. if you want to try it give her a little but watch her the next few days for any kind of reaction. the way i see it is if you feel she is ready give it a try.
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 10:15 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• man, start cooking for you kid before she addicts to can food like lots of kids. they're junk !
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:16 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• i do cook for my kid and she also has ravioli and beef a roni from time to time. feed your kids what you choose to anon. thats your business. my daughter is healthy and the perfect weight for her age. and that came from her doc. so blah
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 10:23 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• If she can eat table foods then I think it is ok. But when I fed it to my sis at 11months I scrapped off most of the sauce because otherwise it is very messy.
    babyboomboom

Answer by babyboomboom at 10:33 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• Yep, if she likes it , then go with it.
    Becky61

Answer by Becky61 at 10:40 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• It's FULL of sodium and almost as bad as those nasty ramen noodles. Maybe try something more healthy. It'll be better for her in the long run.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 10:41 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• It's best to start now with a healthy diet, when they don't know about all the tasty bad stuff out there, It's cheaper anyways to make it yourself and I wouldn't eat it either. Not bashing moms who do, i swear...but you know it's not healthy for you or your family...it's just easy. I usually cook things like that in large amounts throughout the day instead of trying to throw it all together at night when there's no time!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:48 AM on Jan. 13, 2009