Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Can my ex gain full custody of our 2yr old daughter if he hasn't seen her in 3mths

I know he's just trying to do this out of spite since I put him out and he's trying to get out of paying child support I just got my court date for next month. I've even had to involve his unit because he had not been sending any money and I had to get the Inspector General involved But he left in Oct and hasn't seen or tried to contact her. He's in the Army and he's not deployed and lives less than a mile away. I've even sent him 2 emails stating to him he could see her supervised in a public place (he's an alcoholic), and has an obsession with video games he literally zones out on them and doesn't pay attention to anything or anyone when he's playing and thats all he concentrates on, that was part of our breakup.

Answer Question

Asked by OIFmamaVET at 10:11 AM on Jan. 13, 2009 in Relationships

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (6)
  • the only way he can get custody is if he can prove that you are unfit im not saying you are im sure he cant but thats the only way or if anything happened to you that caused you not to be able to take care of her

    Answer by wendy232425 at 10:14 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

  • In his dreams sister. Don't worry about it. He has to prove you as an unfit mother and he hasn't been around like you said.


    Answer by Christine0813 at 10:14 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

  • No, he has to have undisputable proof that you are an unfit mother (pictures, videos etc...). It's a tough road to go down but know that him getting full custody is a JOKE!! Good Luck to you.

    Answer by happyathomemum at 10:30 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

  • You've done what you can to get him involved in his daughter's life and it's obvious he doesn't want to be a real dad. Take any evidence you have with you when you go to court, he can try and get custody but I doubt he'll get it.

    Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 10:31 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

  • He has to prove you as an unfit mother.... or show that u are not providing for them..... or they live in an un safe home.... dont worry about it

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:35 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

  • if hes in the army he wont get custody regardless because when he gets deployed you'll still have her anyways. Their not gonna give her to him when every time he leaves she'll have to move all her stuff to your house anyways. Plus im sure you have ol pictures somewhere of him drinking use those.

    Answer by Anonymous at 6:04 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.