Baby Sign Language

Just wanted to see if and how many moms used this. If it works for them, and when they started it with their baby.

lmh3820

Asked by lmh3820 at 10:18 AM on Jan. 13, 2009 in General Parenting

• I was wondering too! Was just gonna post the question, in fact. I bought a childrens book for teaching infants signing and it came with like 30 flash cards, too. I started trying to teach my son about 3 weeks ago and he just turned 5 months. I haven't seen anything amazing yet, but I've heard good things about the idea so I thought I'd give it a shot. So far, we're just trying mama, dada, bottle and diaper. So maybe he can give me an idea of what he might want before he learns to speak... Keep me posted on what you find out!
    jdrae13

Answer by jdrae13 at 11:31 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• My granddaughter's day care did that. She was using it before she could talk. It was very impressive. Start it any time. The sign for more, for example. and love, and thank you. and hungry and thirsty.

Answer by Bmat at 10:24 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• My oldest son and is girl friend that live next door they both four years old they have a sign language among them and this is going on since they are 1. is cool to see them do it cause they interacting with each other but is bad at same time cause you don't know what they are saying and i see that they refuse to play with other kid cause he doesn't know it and thats bad. but it work on their little world
    leg1284

Answer by leg1284 at 10:57 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• I taught my nephew sign langauge and he was using it properly to express himself around 7 months. My son however refused to learn it and he is a year old.
    NewMum2007

Answer by NewMum2007 at 11:05 AM on Jan. 13, 2009