Who plans to keep the law of having your kid in a booster seat in the car until they turn 8?

julipickle

Asked by julipickle at 10:29 AM on Jan. 13, 2009 in Just for Fun

• uhhh heck no
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 10:30 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• i havent even tryed to get my son in one yet but he dont really go anywhere in the car
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 10:30 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• sorry I will take the ticket my son will not fit or sit in one

sunkist9

Answer by sunkist9 at 10:31 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• As long as my children fit in a booster seat, they'll sit in one until they're 8.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 10:32 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• Our son was 8 when he stopped using his. It's a weight thing though not just age. They say a child needs to be 8 years old or 80 lbs. Most 8 year olds are no where near 80 lbs. so we went with the age thing. He didn't have a choice, it was safest thing for him period. We are the parents, we made the correct choice. He didn't seem to mind till the very end of it. Oh well that's what being a parent is about sometimes, chosing for our childen to do what is safe not always what they want. It's also about height, most children before the age of 8 are not tall enough to safely survive a crash due to the seat belt being across their necks.
    happyathomemum

Answer by happyathomemum at 10:38 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• My kids were out of booster seats by the age of 5.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 10:44 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• My 6 yr old will stay in one til she is at least 8. She's a bit on the small side, so as long as she needs to be in one she will be. On the other hand, my now 8 yr old was 7 when I stopped putting her in one. She's on the heavy side and is 85 lbs. So, I didn't see the need to have her in it anymore. But whatever I say they will do - they will do. I am the mom and I know what is better for them than they [the kids] do.
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 10:44 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• I was probably 80 pounds until I was in 8th grade, and my mom is of small stature as well.

Can you imagine trying to force a 13-year old to sit in a booster seat because she didn't weigh over 80 pounds? HAHA

Anyway, I guess I haven't really thought of it yet, my daughter is only 19 months old. I'll probably keep her in it for a while.
    weezer_cookie

Answer by weezer_cookie at 10:56 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• Married to a cop so i am. Plus are daughte is really little so i want her to be safe. Anyone takes the chance something could happen and you would feel horriable!
    BallardMomma

Answer by BallardMomma at 11:02 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• My 8 yr old son is still in one. He is on the small side. I have to tell my 10 yr old to not sit in it because I can't see over her head!
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 11:20 AM on Jan. 13, 2009