1/2 a centimeter dilated and 34 weeks

I was in the hospital on Sunday again with some contractions.... I was closed on Friday in the hospital and a 1/2 a centimeter dilated on Sunday.. My question is, how soon do you think I will go? or is it possible I can make it to my due date. I had my first @ 36 weeks premature .

lisacieslak

Asked by lisacieslak at 10:30 AM on Jan. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• You may not go until 42 weeks. Dialation means nothing and a half cm is really not even worth them mentioning. I know of people who walk around at 4 cm for a month or more. Be patient.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 10:43 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• I would hope I make it to my due date. The doc says I probably will go early bc I had my first at 36 weeks early... I was just a bit worried about being even a 1/2 a centimeter since I went early last time. I guess I'm wondering If someone had the same experience with the second pregnancy and had the same results and went early like the first. So... LOL! No rush....
    lisacieslak

Answer by lisacieslak at 11:03 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• I hope you hold out for your due date too. :) I would think that maybe you would want to hold off on too many VE, since they will irritate your cervix and could cause you to dilate more. (Just a thought... not sure how true it is)
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 11:07 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• What's VE ? Maybe its placenta brain but i don't know what that is :)
    lisacieslak

Answer by lisacieslak at 11:45 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• VE = Vaginal exam
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 12:17 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• your dr could have miscalculated your dates as well...

my mother was dilated 3cm for at least 4 weeks with all 4 of her children... including myself... just hold on, it'll be over soon, and you'll have a wonderful blessing to take home!
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 12:19 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• Thank you for all your help ladies :)
    lisacieslak

Answer by lisacieslak at 12:44 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• Personally I think 1/2 cent. is pretty much nothing to worry about. My advice to pregnant women is enjoy being pregnant and remember to appreciate this time in you and your babies lives. Good luck and congratulations!
    CBMMOM

Answer by CBMMOM at 6:20 PM on Jan. 15, 2009