Have you baptized your baby yet?

what is the purpose of that?

what do you do?

I have to 2 kids whom I have not baptized we don't belong to a church, so can some one please fill me in?

What is the difference between baptize and christianing?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:37 AM on Jan. 13, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• We didn't baptize our kids. They will have the opportunity to make that choice when they're old enough :)
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 10:38 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• we don't do christianing i don't know what that is. we baptized my son, however I would have liked him to make that decision himself when he was older but my hubby wanted him baptized. Some people believe if the child isn't baptized he will not go to heaven. However, I DO NOT believe that. It is a choice everyone has to make- Asking Christ to be in your life.
    We baptized our son into his Lutheran church, and dedicated him into my Nazarene church. Dedication just means your dedicating him to God and asking the church family to help raise him in the faith.
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 10:40 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• We dedicated our childen which just means that we agreed to raise our children to believe in God and teach them right from wrong. It is than their choice to believe the way they choose to as they get older. We wanted to let them make their own choices.
    happyathomemum

Answer by happyathomemum at 10:43 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• I agree, that is a choice my DD can make when she is older, I believe that is her decision, although my MIL doesn't see it the same, she bad mouths both her son and I for not having her baptized.
    lmh3820

Answer by lmh3820 at 10:44 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• I think it's different words for the same thing, IMO. I had my first two babies baptized because I was still "finding my way" at that time. Later, when my 2nd two came along I didn't believe it to be necessary. It's just a way of giving them over to God. But really, God knows we are dedicated to Him anyway. And now I would rather my kids to make that decision on a personal level, rather than by my choice.
    jenettyshome

Answer by jenettyshome at 11:10 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• Nope and I never will. We are not Christian.

If when she's 18 she wants to get herself baptized...so be it.

MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 11:30 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• We will not be Baptizing our children.
    anetrnlov

Answer by anetrnlov at 11:36 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• The two terms mean about the same thing. In many Protestant churches, babies or children are baptized. In others, it is considered appropriate to wait until an age when they can make a choice on their own. In the Catholic and Episcopal churches, it is called Christening, but it is basically the same ceremony. They typically do it when the baby is quite young.

I grew up Christian, but am not anymore, so my children aren't (and won't be) baptized. My sister belongs to a non-denominational church that doesn't practice infant baptism, so her kids were "dedicated" and will be baptized as teenagers if they so choose.
    yarnjunkie

Answer by yarnjunkie at 11:56 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• We do baby dedication and thats for us. Our committment to raise our child in the ways of the Lord. As far as baptizing....thats for them to do when they choose to follow Christ for themselves. Two of my children have done this. I have no doubt that God will draw their hearts in the right direction.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 11:57 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• in our religion we wait till they are 8 yrs old. that is when they are old enough to know right from wrong. this is means that they are a member of our church. baptizing is done so that we can return to heaven and be forgiven for our sins. jesus didn't have any sins but he did it as an example for us all.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 12:34 PM on Jan. 13, 2009